It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
(female)

lisamontana HB User
Unhappy new to the board and just diagnosed. advice please

Hey,

I have just been diagnosed with HSV2, August 30th. BOTH IGM and IGG came back high positives. IgM being 1.80 and IGG being 5.0. Me and my ex-fiance "reunited," on the August 3rd and before that I was in a several year on and off relationship with my First Love. While checking the mail right before our break up with my First Love, in June 2012, I found a letter from LapCorp for HSV and other STD testing that he had gotten done in May 2011 when we were taking a break. I confronted him about the testing and confirmed to me that while we were broken up he went and got tested because he noticed a bump on his penis, but his have HSV IGG AB test came back negative so he was good. Through out our relationship I noticed nothing irregular besides ONE big pimple on the side of his penis. So I brushed it off. Fast forward August 3rd, two months after our break up. Hooked up with my Ex Fiance and decided to get testing on the 30th because I noticed a flat, smooth circular spot right above my urethra, two weeks later. Kind of resembled a mole. Turns out I am hsv2 positive with IGM And IGG having high antibodies for both. Who did I get this from???
I'm miserable now and spend most of my days waiting for this outbreak to happen. My doctor refuses to write my a prescription, advising that I wait till AFTER I have an outbreak. Does anyone have any ideas on herbal supplements or anti virals that really work?? I am trying to get prepared for the big day. ),:

Last edited by lisamontana; 09-11-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: new to the board and just diagnosed. advice please

Hi,
With the high IgG number it shows that you have had this for a while meaning at least 4 months if not longer. The virus is one that can be in your system for years without you even knowing it that is why trying to figure out where it came from is a bit tough. If you were active before being with your first love maybe you had it and when he tested it was too soon for it to appear in his blood test, or maybe he had gotten it during your break up and still when tested he tested too soon for it to appear and since you have been with him after maybe had gotten it from him.

The Following User Says Thank You to angeleyz81 For This Useful Post:
lisamontana (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
(female)

lisamontana HB User

Thank you. And would you have any advice for my "big day?" I have always had chronic b.v, and other issues down there, so I'm certain an outbreak will come along sooner or later, with my IGM showing that my infection is indeed active
. I have been researching herbs and other supplements, but there are too many to narrow down. Do you know of any natural products that can numb, sooth, or even suppress an outbreak? I figure if I get prepared early, it wont be as bad.

* also noticed smooth, round spot right above urethra. Doc said it might have been a minor outbreak. After hours of research, I have found out that sometimes that minor initial outbreak is followed by bigger and frequent recourrances. *typo.

Last edited by lisamontana; 09-12-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Hello,
You can try taking L-Lysine it is an over the counter supplement found in the vitamin section,I would also recommend taking vitamin C or Echanasia (sp?) to try and keep your immune system up. Remember to keep stress levels down and your immune system up.

Below are a few tips to help if you do have an outbreak
  • When urinating if you have a spray bottle, fill it with water and spray as you pee or use a cup to pour water on your private parts as you pee this will help with the stinging.
  • You can also try oatmeal baths
  • After showers/ baths you can use a blow dryer on low/cool to dry yourself , may be less painful then trying to dry off with a towel
  • Wear loose clothing, if you have to wear panties make sure they are cotton
  • If you can at night (or even during the day) try wearing no panties and either a skirt or at night just a night shirt so that you allow the area to remain dry

The Following User Says Thank You to angeleyz81 For This Useful Post:
lisamontana (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
(female)

lisamontana HB User

One more question isn't it weird that my IGM antibody level is also high? I was told that that only indicates a recent infection and goes down after a couple of weeks. but my IGG test typed high hsv2 antibodies also. I can't seem to find anyone who tested with high positives on both tests. What could this mean? Could I also be possibly exposed to HSV-1, but had a false negative test for my IGG? I just don't get it

Last edited by lisamontana; 09-12-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi,
Honestly, I have no idea why they still do the IgM, mine was negative while like you my IgG was greater then 5. I wouldn't stress or worry over it. It sometimes can even pick up that you have had chicken pox before.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
(male)

owieher HB User

do u know how soon u can take the igg test? or rather when should one take the blood test?

Closed Thread