It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
(male)

owieher HB User
Genital Herpes? - Outbreak?

I don't know if I have a herpes out break. Today I noticed a small pimple, just one on my penis. I don't know if it's because of skin irritation of some sort. I've always had intercourse with a condom, but did have oral w/o condom.

I believe herpes are in clusters, and I'm a bit unsure and confused.

Granted, I am HSV1 positive.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
(male)

owieher HB User
Re: Genital Herpes? - Outbreak?

any body?

when will the antibodies show up?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

cocoeyes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by owieher View Post
any body?

when will the antibodies show up?
I've heard it takes 3 months but I don't want to give wrong information. Just because you use a condom doesn't guarantee 100% protection and if you've ever had unprotected sex and never tested for the HSV virus via a blood test, then you may already have have the antibiotics already for HSV virus.

Get a blood test to be for sure and don't let the doctor just look at your penis as a diagnosis.

1 in 4 woman have the HSV virus and 1 in 5 men have it as well...

Old 09-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
(male)

owieher HB User

yeah. we went tbrough with the blood test. my thibking is that if tgis pimple is herpes. levels should be detected. ill have to go back in a few months. but i wanted to be sute.

today. the white head pimple popped and it seems to be.recovering. still because of exposure i need to find out. im also doing other std tests.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #5
(female)

Naturesweetie HB User

Get a swab. It's different for everyone. I gave it to someone and they had symptoms within the month of us being together and tested positive. At first yeah, the initial doctor thought it might be a pimple that got infected. Better to get tested via swab or blood test than worry about it. I think we all get very different symptoms. None of my outbreaks are the same as the last one even.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #6
(male)

owieher HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturesweetie View Post
Get a swab. It's different for everyone. I gave it to someone and they had symptoms within the month of us being together and tested positive. At first yeah, the initial doctor thought it might be a pimple that got infected. Better to get tested via swab or blood test than worry about it. I think we all get very different symptoms. None of my outbreaks are the same as the last one even.
thanks. dr. said ill need to go back in a few months after this iniital blood work.

Closed Thread