It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
(female)

taylorjenell HB User
Smile Newly diagnosed, scared, lots of questions. HELP

Hey all.
So, last week I had ob's down there and went and got tested, she said it looked like HSV2 but could be a very bad yeast infection or vaginosis. So I got the test results back a few days later and it was bad bacteria and trichamonis and then got another test result that it was HSV1 too BUT she said it was likely to get false readings too. I'm very nervous and scared. Very curious to how contagious it is, and heard that you could spread it by razors. I just am not educated on the subject at all, and need HELP! Please as much information will be helpful and so grateful for!

Old 09-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
(female)

Lady La La HB User
Re: Newly diagnosed, scared, lots of questions. HELP

Sounds like you got hit with a lot of stuff. Sorry to hear what you are going through, I know how scary this could all be and it may be hard to grasp it all but it will be okay.You are not alone, 1 in 5 people have genital herpres and 80% of the population has oral herpes (cold sores). It seems to be the most contagious during the first year as the virus goes through a shedding process. Some people are lucky and only get one very bad outbreak and they never have one again. Some get it once or twice a year. Some get them more frequently and must take suppressive medication such as Valtrax or a generic form of that medication to shorten the life of the outbreak. Herpes is very contagious when you have an outbreak and it is advised not to participate in any sexual activity while having an OB. When you don't have an outbreak it is safer to have sex but there is always the posibility of passing it on. You have to be more careful and learn your body so you know when you have an OB coming. Herpes is usually transferred from skin to skin contact and can even be transferred when using condoms as they don't cover all of the genital area. It cannot be transferred through common things such as using the restroom or pools. There is a lot of information out there about Herpes-educate yourself and be safe! I hope this helps

P.S. Even if I didn't have herpes I wouldn't share my razor with anyone!

Last edited by Lady La La; 09-20-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread