It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
(female)

boopie0811 HB User
Do I have herpes??

So I have a question I hope someone could help me with... mainly what is the way to tell the difference between a herpes primary outbreak and something 'normal' like a pimple, ingrowing hair etc...

The back story is this...

Okay so about 2 weeks ago when washing I noticed this tiny pimple (??) right near the entrance to my vagina. It really is the tinyest thing.
It started off as a red under the skin bump which you could feel under the skin, but you literally had to pull the skin tight to be able to see it, then this week a tiny dot in the middle came to a white head and when I looked today the white head has disappeared leaving again a red pimple looking thing, with a dot sized 'dimple' in the middle where the white was.
It is not painful at all, and I haven't suffered from any burning, tingling etc.
I personally don't think is looks like a blister or any pictures of herpes I have seen.
It also feels hard to the touch, like when you push down on it, it feels like there is a hard root/core (?!) in the middle of it??
This is also the only spot there is down there.

Does it sound like mild herpes or not..?
Any info / personal experiences would be greatly appreciated!

I went to the gyn 7 days ago for a general std screen and at the time I didn't say anything to her about it because I wasn't worried.
She didn't mention it and said everything looks normal down there... is it possible she missed it?

What do you think?? Should I be worried??
Maybe I'm overthinking it, but have just got into a new relationship and really wanna know what it is before we sleep together.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY - have posted on several sites and am not getting any feedback =(

Thanks!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to boopie0811:
amberx0 (09-20-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
(female)

Lollypat HB User
Re: Do I have herpes??

It does not sound like herpes to me at all. Herpes is very painful and the initial outbreak is usually preceded by a painful area, maybe someone titling, but always pain. The lesion itself is very painful. I caught it many years ago; the first year of outbreaks was very painful. It recurred every month during my period. There was no non painful precursor to it, it just showed up one morning hurting like hell. I also had a yeasty infection that went with it.

Yours sounds more like a small cyst, or even a bite. If I were you, I would wait awhile, see what happens, unless it gets worse, becomes painful, etc.

Practice safe sex, you'll be glad you did. My doctor told me that 3 out of 5 people have herpes and they never tell anyone they have it.

The following user gives a hug of support to Lollypat:
boopie0811 (09-19-2012)
Old 09-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
(female)

boopie0811 HB User

Hi!

Thank you sooo much - you're the only person to reply to any of my posts on several websites!

I thought the same thing too, but reading what people say on these different pages freaked me out a bit...
I figured the gyn would have noticed as I went last week to have these little growths checked and swabbed, it turns out they're just little skin tags, but this spot is right next to one of them and the gyn didn't say anything about it.

I have a GP appointment on Friday for something completely unrelated, but I may ask them to take a look to see if they have any idea what it could be.

Thank you again, really appreciate it =)

The following user gives a hug of support to boopie0811:
Lollypat (09-19-2012)
Old 09-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
(female)

Lollypat HB User

If you're gonna be there anyway, why not? Good idea.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
(female)

boopie0811 HB User

Okay so I went to the GP today and she said it was a totally normal nom-harmful vaginal ulcer which can often get confused with herpes.
She said they sometimes just occur and there's no real reason for it.
She said it seems to be healing up fine, so just to leave it alone!
Yaaaay =)

Old 09-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
(female)

Lollypat HB User

That's great! I used to get plugged oil ducts that would bump up and be ugly, I was glad,to find out they were harmless, too.

Safe sex is the answer. The majority of people with STDs either don't know they have it or won't tell you if they do. Protect yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lollypat For This Useful Post:
boopie0811 (09-21-2012)
Closed Thread

Tags
herpes, pimple