It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #1
(male)

Knifepro34 HB User
Unhappy Scared for my partner and I !!!!

My girlfriend and I found out we both have genital herpes. Both of us have outbreaks right now for the first time. She's taking it really hard and so am I. Where both trying to figure out how one of us could have gotten it. I'm trying not to be depressed about it or have my anxiety take me over. Can anyone shed some light on this issue. My outbreaks are not as bad as hers. This gh is a horrible disease!!!!!

Old 09-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
(female)

Sunny Rideout HB User
Re: Scared for my partner and I !!!!

I'm very new here myself. Just recently dx'd a month ago and am still learning how to live with it. I say this because I want you know I'm not an expert, but will share what I've learned so far. First of all, I guess the "good" news is that both you and your girl have it, so you don't have to worry about giving it to each other. Don't automatically assume that either one of you have cheated on the other. From what I've been told by my doc and have read, either (or both) of you could have been exposed to herpes from a previous relationship and it just may NOW be manifesting. If one of you had it all along, then you very likely may have infected the other. I'm told that first outbreaks are the worse. Sounds like this is a first for you both. I'm told that subsequent outbreaks are much milder (good news). I say "I'm told" because my siutation is different. To this day, I've only had one sore that healed ALMOST before I went to doc within a few days. She said it was healing, but did a culture and it came back pos for HSV. She said it didn't look like it was my first ob, but I promise you, I'VE NEVER HAD ANY symptoms like that before, so I'm still confused about that. But try to calm you and your girl down. Hopefully you've gone to doc by now for rx for Valtrex. If not, you need to! Learn as much as you can about it and then ...learn to deal with it because unfortunately, it's not going anywhere, except to "sleep" during dormant times, which hopefully are long ones for you. Hope this has helped...sorry for your troubles.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny Rideout For This Useful Post:
angeleyz81 (09-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread