I'm in SO much pain. It hurts to walk from how swollen I am and I'm scared of drinking water because I really don't wanna go to the bathroom. You should get a spray bottle, fill it with water and when ever you have to pee spray yourself or keep a cup of water to pour on yourself as you pee, this will help a lot with the pain and stinging. You can try oatmeal baths. Also you want to try to keep the area as dry as possible so at night try wearing a night shirt with no panties and after the shower you can try to use a blow dryer on low/cool to dry off. When wearing panties make sure they are cotton and not tight, you want to avoid tight clothing while having an OB.
(sorry i wrote so much, I just realized I'm kinda using this to vent. at least someone knows what i'm going through....) Thats what we are here for
But anyways I have a few q's:
1) Should I get a blood test anyway? or should I just take the doc's word? After all he seemed so confident and it looks just like every picture I've seen... I have all the symptoms except flu-like stuff. I have however been feeling very light headed/dizzy, nauseous, and with cold sweats. (yesterday i had high blood pressure but i don't know if it was caused by anxiety or not)I would suggest to get a blood test, not because of doubt in the doctor but it is always good to know which type you have. Ask for the IgG herpes type specific blood test
2) Is all the swelling normal? One side is 3x it's normal size. That's where all the sores are so it makes sense i guess. the other side is completely normal. Yes, this is normal .. swollen lymph nodes
3) I've been getting a few random red spots on my body. Arms, butt, back, legs... They itch, and kinda look like bug bites. Is that normal? Hmm not sure if that has to do with the virus or not, maybe it is an allergic reaction to something?
4) How long does it take for the medicine to do something/anyyything? I'm in sooo much pain and they symptoms are just as bad as before...Sometimes it can take a few days 3-7 days..
5) usually how long does the first ob last? I'm on day 5 and like i've said, no sign of slowing down... It is hard to say, everyone's body is different, sometimes it can last up to 2 weeks
6) Will I have an outbreak every time I have sex? (I'm guessing that's what triggered it this time....)Most likely no
7) How do I prevent the sores from sticking to my underwear? This is one of the things that causes me tremendous pain!!! Once when I had to go to the bathroom, it stuck so bad that when i screamed in pain to un-stick it, that I started bleeding. I swear, everytime I go to the bathroom I cry! Either from this or from the burning...Try to go comando, wear skirts anything to keep air flowing to keep it dry I hope you feel better soon!