It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
(female)

youngmom22 HB User
Can you tell how long you have had genital herpes???

I had my 1st breakout on July 17th 2012, I have only been with my husband for 3 years and ik the person i was with before him does not have it and my husband has never showed any signs of it.. Even though its been 10 weeks since my outbreak can i have a blood test to show me if its recent or is it just to late to tell??? Thanks

Old 09-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Can you tell how long you have had genital herpes???

You can still have a blood test, chances are if it shows now and was a recent infection the numbers may be low but if they are greater then 5 then you have had it a while.

You should ask for the IgG herpes type specific blood test. Did your husband get tested yet?

If either of you were sexually active before entering into your relationship it is very possible to have brought it in without knowing it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
(female)

youngmom22 HB User

Well yeah both of us was sexualy active before we got together, we are 10years apart, i have spoken with my ex that i had sex with when me and my husband had a break before we was married and he has just recently been tested and dont have anything. As far as i know my husband didnt have sex with anyone during the break. And 10 months ago he had a sexual encounter with this one girl they didnt have sex but just alot of oral and i have already asked her if she had anything and she said no that her now husband and her are having a baby so everything is in the clear for her. So how can my husband give me something when at the beginning of our relationship i didnt pass it to anyone and he didnt pass it to that girl if he had it.. Just one big mess i guess.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

It is still possible though for him to have it, if he is the one that gave it to you. I say this because , just being with someone that has the virus will not mean they automatically get it. Even if the girl had/has it she can still have a regular normal pregnancy.

I think the best thing to do is for your husband to be tested if not already. The virus is just one big mess

Closed Thread