It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
(female)

justnotsure87 HB User
What do I do if I may have transmitted oral HSV to my partner's genitals?

I gave my partner oral sex about two days ago. THey are now beginning to cough and feel fatigued.
I get red, cracked corners of my mouth sometimes but treat it with cortizone and lotrimin since my dermo says it's a growth of bacteria where the moisture collects. I had this when I went down on them, and what seemed to be a tiny bump in there.
I have had oral HSV for a while and I usually only get it on my lower lip in the thick fleshy part. It swells up crazy and I get a big painful sore. Since I didn't get these symptoms, does that mean my partner is safe?
And if not, what can I do to help them prevent anything?

Last edited by justnotsure87; 10-02-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
(female)

mintlady HB User
Re: What do I do if I may have transmitted oral HSV to my partner's genitals?

It sounds like she has a cold, not herpes. To keep her from getting genital herpes from your oral herpes you should: 1) Never give her oral sex when you have a cold sore 2) ALWAYS use some type of barrier protection when you go down on her, even if you don't have any symptoms. Try a dental dam, or non microwaveable saran wrap. You can even use a condom (cut off the closed top, then slice it down the side).

I got genital herpes this way - from a partner who had oral herpes but no cold sore. You should have an in depth conversation about how you want to proceed with your partner.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
(female)

justnotsure87 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintlady View Post
It sounds like she has a cold, not herpes. To keep her from getting genital herpes from your oral herpes you should: 1) Never give her oral sex when you have a cold sore 2) ALWAYS use some type of barrier protection when you go down on her, even if you don't have any symptoms. Try a dental dam, or non microwaveable saran wrap. You can even use a condom (cut off the closed top, then slice it down the side).

I got genital herpes this way - from a partner who had oral herpes but no cold sore. You should have an in depth conversation about how you want to proceed with your partner.
That is really good advice.
What's your opinion regarding the red thing at the corner of my mouth? Or any preventative measure, maybe giving them a valacyclovir pill or lysine?
Thanks

Old 10-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
(female)

mintlady HB User

I'm not sure about the thing at the corner of your mouth - you should go to the dr for that. I mean, it sounds like you already did, but did they actually take a swab of it to test? If they didn't, go back and request one. Either way you should probably make an appointment, since it sounds like you still have questions about it.

Closed Thread

Tags
hsv1, mouth sores, oral sex, prevention