It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
(female)

bluecloud85 HB User
My story with maybe Herpes

Hello I have never made a blog post, but I need some help about this problem I have been having. I have gone to the Dr. 4 times for this and was prescribed Valtrex even though I have had 4 cultures, swabs done and they all have came back negative this just is bothering me. Sense I was 15 years old I had really bad yeast infections that I went to the Dr. for and they would give me a pill for them and they would go away. I have really bad allergies too I am allergic to a lot of things even maxi pads I am allergic to the plastic in them, I have been sense I was 22. I have a family history of really bad allergies, when I was younger I was allergic to bubble bath for example. My problem is I get little bumps my dad is a Dr. too and he says this moniliasis a type of Candidiasis. Well any way here is what I am experiencing for about a year and a half. Almost every month in the middle of the month the beginning of the second week after my period I get one bump that is skin colored and hardly noticeable and like a tiny circle and by it like a small hole with serrated edges but it is never a blister its 1/10 of a centimeter in size it's really small. It happens on my outer labia were my hair starts and if I pop it it doesn't spread or anything. It never really itches and I don't have any symptoms like itching or tingling I just wake up and it is there. It doesn't always happen in the same spot either it's annoying.Some time I have like 3 of these small spots. I tried taking lysine 1000 and valtex 1000 daily with vitamins zinc, c , and multivitamin. I have also tried these all separately . I just don't know what this is that keep happening my Dad said that because I don't have a rash and all the cultures come back negative for anything it could be tinea or moniliasis but I think it would be unusual for that to happen so much. I put desitin on it and tinea cream and it is gone usually in about 4 days. The Dr. told me if it was herpes it would be a very mild form and my father doesn't think it is it. He says I have a good immune system and if it was herpes it would happen maybe 4 times a year and my body wouldn't let it happen so often, and this never happens around my period. The valtrex or acylovir or lysine would help it not happen so much it happens even if I take them my Dr. told me to try them but they don't help. If it is herpes will it someday stop or the ob's get father apart because this has been going on for a year and a half. I just am annoyed really more than anything and just would like my body to be in peace it seems like when my yeast infections stopped I now have this happening. I am also 27 years old if this helps. Just has anyone had anything like this happen or any advice on what this could be or how to get it to stop.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: My story with maybe Herpes

Have you ever had a blood test?

Old 10-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
(female)

bluecloud85 HB User

I went to 2 to different doctors and each time I had a swab done she said if she swabbed it soon enough it would be accurate, she said that they do the swab and if that comes back positive they do the blood test. The first swab was the second day and the second swab was within 4 hrs of it happening. She said if that was it it was the most mild case of herpes she has ever seen and gave me the valtrex well her nurse called back the results and said it was negative and if I had herpes it would be very painful noting I have experienced it isn't painful just annoying. The nurse said I am lucky I don't have it It goes away in 4 to 5 days. Well my boy friend said next time it happens he will take me to a dermatologist we have sex but we use protection just to be safe than sorry because I am not sure about what this is. I have not had a blood test because she said that a blood test wouldn't be accurate to this rash the most accuracy would be to do a viral culture and well nothing has shown up and have been tested and cleared of all other stds. Oh and like I said I took Valtrex and it didn't help any it still happened.

Last edited by bluecloud85; 10-11-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

The culture is the most accurate but since this has been happening for over 4 months it wouldn't hurt to have the IgG herpes type specific blood test this way you can be sure you do not have it and then work on trying to figure out what is going on.

The following user gives a hug of support to angeleyz81:
bluecloud85 (10-11-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to angeleyz81 For This Useful Post:
bluecloud85 (10-11-2012)
Old 10-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
(female)

bluecloud85 HB User

I didn't know you can still transmit it with a condom this is a tricky disease. I will get a blood test done to see if I have it or not but that won't exactly tell me it's related to it. Thanks for the advice. Have you ever had a ob and if so how long do they last. My dad told me his hsv1 on his face last 2 weeks.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes, tricky indeed but this is because it is transmitted from skin to skin contact and not through bodily fluids.

My OB lasted maybe about a week with treatment. I know if there is no treatment it can last up to 2 weeks.

I hope you feel better and find out what is causing this for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to angeleyz81 For This Useful Post:
bluecloud85 (10-12-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
(female)

bluecloud85 HB User

Yes I hope I find out to. Last time this happened I was allergic to maxi pads.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
(male)

KB65534 HB User

Your story is remarkably similar to mine, except I was incorrectly diagnosed with genital herpes two years ago by a series of overly confident Dr.'s, including a urologist. Long story short: none of the Dr.’s would order a blood test. The one and only test that was done is old and unreliable; it is called the “Tzank test.” After I was diagnosed, my wife requested blood testing from her Dr., who outright refused. Instead, her Dr. gave her a diagnosis of herpes based only upon her report of my diagnosis, and that she had been exposed to me. No exam, no tests. Here is your herpes diagnosis and your very own prescription for Valtrex. Practice safe sex from now on – thank you very much, that will be $125.00. There are a variety of reliable HSV blood tests available. HSV IGG testing is among the most common tests. For example, Quest Diagnostic has the “HSV ½ Herpes Select IGG.” This is generally not an expensive test, and the test is usually completed inside of a week. How competent does a Dr. need to be to order a test?

Based upon everything I have learned, I think your Dr. is completely wrong to prescribe Valtrex after telling you that she won’t order a blood test because of your negative swab tests. How ridiculous! She does not sound like a very good Dr. What did she diagnose you with that warrants taking Valtrex? The combination of prescribing Valtrex over a period of time after several negative swab tests while saying that blood testing is not warranted because of the negative swab tests does not add-up and is absurd.

If I were you, I would phone the Dr. and insist she order a blood test. If she refuses or states that you have to come in for another office-visit, then I would find a new Dr. No matter what, I would be looking for a new Dr. There are some good ones out there. Anyway, I’m no expert, but it does not sound like you have genital herpes. You stated you’ve had lots of allergic reactions to things as well as fungal infections, so perhaps it’s one of those two things, or a combination. Good luck!

The following user gives a hug of support to KB65534:
bluecloud85 (11-09-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
(female)

bluecloud85 HB User

I have not given up yet I just have been going through this for a year and a half and it sucks!! I tried the valtrex and got a uti and now have strep from it. It doesn't help me at all but it is generic so maybe that's why? I work out at least 3 hours a week, I am a single mom and go to college. This just has me down my bf said it doesn't make me lesser of a person and he hasn't had any signs of it. He said he still loves me and everything will be ok. I just have this happen every month and if I take 1000 lysine it doesn't really help either I take 1000 a day. They can't draw my blood at that clinic because the girls that due the blood work are not Nurses so they can't get it my veins are to small. I am going to my ob gyn next time it happens because she maybe can tell me something and get a igg blood test. I just wonder why mine happen every month maybe because of school. I don't know I just wish I could control it if it happened 5 times a year it wouldn't be such a big deal but its every month. Oh and I asked the person who I was in a relationship with who cheated on me and he said well it can't kill you if that's what is wrong. My dad sells natural supplements because he is a Chiropractor and I take those but they don't seem to help either . He said it just takes antibodies over years if that's what is wrong and my body will heal it's self and over the years my ob's well decrease because he has hsv1 and his did.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #10
(female)

bluecloud85 HB User

My dad also says it doesn't sound like herpes either it sounds like tinea once it gets into your skin it's hard to get rid of, or it is moniliasis because it can cause sores. So now I just stick to body powder and tinea foot cream lol, but it helps. Thanks guys I just want to cry all the time and it's nice to have someone to talk to I feel alone.

Last edited by bluecloud85; 11-09-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #11
(female)

bluecloud85 HB User

was just a re post

Last edited by bluecloud85; 12-02-2012 at 04:34 AM.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:33 AM   #12
(female)

bluecloud85 HB User

Well sense nov this has happen again it's gone in 3 days. I can't afford a blood test but my mother is going to take me sometime to the Dr. my parents have been understanding and so has my wonderful boy friend he has stayed by my side and still has no symptoms of this. I just hope that after I get my blood test done and if it positive this won't happen every month because it's hard to deal with even on meds. it keeps happening. Over the year I have had this happen 16 times. I am at me wits end and keep praying that it goes in remission or I can just go one a month without it. I keep sayin that in 10 years I will look back and laugh because it wont happen as much, just trying to be optimistic, it's just hard. I don't know what the out comes will be and I wish I was lucky just to have this happen 3 times a year.

Closed Thread