It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
(male)

vmvija HB User
Do i have herpes?

Hi All, 33 year old sexually active male here. Have been having multiple (3) partners, protected and unprotected sex in the past 6 months. 1 of my partner is my girlfriend ( yes i know i'm an ******* ), another one is a friend who i have been having sex with since november last year, and one very recent ( 4 times ). A few weeks ago i had a pimple come out on my penile shaft. That broke and cause a few more bumps to turn up around the area ( like 5, not at the same time ). Was sure it was herpes. Went to the doctors, the did a IGG blood test and a complete std profile. I was also given anti viral drugs. Everything cleared up within 5 days and my test results came back negative. They left whitish scars ( underneath the skin )(i've got a dark complexion ) and all was well. No more pain, no more discomfort. Returned for a followup and the doctor said that it could've been a bad infection of the skin and everything looks in order. Two days later, i did have rough sex and i got it again at the same area on my penile shaft a couple of days later, this time started with one and ended up with 3 blisters. Went back to my doctor and because my lymph nodes were swollen, he gave me broad spectrum antibiotics and told me that i could have a bacterial infection because the skin there was still quite vulnerable. I've finished the course and this time it didn't heal. It doesn't hurt as much but i can see that it's not crusting over. Also i feel a little feverish. And my testicles did hurt a couple of days ago. I really don't know whats going on. The blisters are flat, have a whitish middle, and reddish crater. Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Do i have herpes?

It may be herpes. If you had just contracted it, it can take up to 4 months for it to show in the blood test. Also this is something that can be transmitted even when using a condom. The next time you have active sores you should have them cultured within 24-48hrs after they appear or you can even get a false negative there.

The best thing to do is wait 4 months from when you noticed them and get re-tested.

Closed Thread