It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
(male)

ianconnor HB User
Its been confirmed.

Yesterday I called the clinic to get my results back to see if I had herpes, and I do. I have been informed that I have oral type 1. Physically I haven't been in pain in the last six months. I do remember a time after a sexual encounter the next morning I had a burning sensation when I used the bathroom but being a male I ignored it thinking it was normal. But since then Ive felt fine, no symptoms of having anything at all. A week after having sex with my current girlfriend she started saying it was tremendous pain when she used the bathroom. 2 weeks later here we are now. Ive been with my current girlfriend for about a year but we only recently started having sex. She called me today and told me its been confirmed that she had Gentile type 1 herpes. We have already been through the emotional stage of this where we both cry together and now we are just trying to figure out our next step. We do have some questions tho so if you read our story and can answer these questions that would be swell. Thank You Guys!

• Does oral type 1 herpes appear in/out the mouth or both?
• How many OB should we expect to have?

Old 10-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Its been confirmed.

Hello,
I have a question for you, have you ever had a cold sore? I am asking because just because you have HSV1 doesn't mean it is oral - hence the situation your girlfriend is in, she has it genitally.

Oral normally will appear outside the lips but I have heard of people having them inside at times.

As far as how many outbreaks, that is hard because everyone's body is different. Try keeping stress levels down and immune system up and it should help a bit keeping them down to a min.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
(male)

ianconnor HB User

No I havent had a cold sore for as long as i can remember. I still havent had an OB and its been about a month now but im not in a rush. But my doctor said that I can still have sex and not transmit it unless I perform oral sex on my partner. Even though sex is the last thing on my mind, it hurts now finding out that I can transmit it to someone else after thinking I only have it orally if what you said is true.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

If you did have cold sores before then yes what your doctor mentioned was true you may pass it on if you perform oral or kiss someone else.

Since your girlfriend has it the virus you 2 should be ok and can continue on as you have been. I know in very rare instances you can have the same type in both places but it is very rare. You don't have to worry about giving it back and forth to each other either since that is not how the virus works.

The Following User Says Thank You to angeleyz81 For This Useful Post:
ianconnor (10-21-2012)
Closed Thread

Tags
couples, herpes, std