It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
(female)

Cabrem HB User
Herpes test results

I recently received my test results for the HSV 1 and 2 viruses. My Doctor stated I was positive for both. I all ready knew I had HSV 1 as I get cold sores now when I'm very stressed after having shingles 5 yrs ago that started from my lip and went down my neck. My HSV 1 result was 4.0. My HSV 2 result was 1.7 which she said was a low positive meaning I've been exposed to the virus at some point and it could have been years ago or recently, there is no way to tell.
So do I have HSV 2 and what do I do from here? Am I contagious? I have no signs or symptoms that I know of and never have. No blisters of sores ever.
Do I tell future partners I have herpes? This is horrible. I've never had an STD and I'm not sure what to think or do.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Herpes test results

Hello,
In regards to the low positive, I suggest you retest in a few months maybe around 4 or so and see if the number changes. There are chances of false positives with low positives.

I am assuming you have never had any symptoms or an outbreak below so I would say just keep doing what you have been because if you have it you have it under control but I do suggest you get retested.

Another thing is a low positive would normally indicate a recent infection like your doc said though it would be hard to pin point the "when".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread