It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
(male)

SoWorried17 HB User
Exclamation Is this any type of herpes? Anxiety help me please.

I'm typing this on my phone so I apologize for any grammatical errors. This question will be about STD's and STI's. So about a month to 2 months ago I had unprotected oral sex with a woman. I'm still a "virgin" and I've only been with two girls where oral is the most we did. I remember the morning after the oral (in which I did not ejaculate or urinate after) I felt a little uncomfortable at the end of my urethra. So, much time past (at least 1 month) and I had some slight pain or burning when I urinated. I also started feeling fairly strong pain in my lower abdomen. Finally I went to the doctor, thinking I had something like a UTI or bladder infection, but to my dispare he said it was most likely Chalmydia, and did rule out herpes (I'm assuming due to the physical examination). He took a urine test which came back negative for chlaymdia but he put me on a antibiotic anyway (a Azithromycin pack in which I took all 6 pills at once like he directed) and said he was going to send the sample to the hospital for further testing, and I still don't have the results yet. It is also important to note that I did have some of the white/yellow discharge from my urethra about two to three weeks after the experience. About two weeks ago, I felt a lot of pain in my testicles, first the right which was uncomfortable but not bad, and a couple days ago the pain had long subsided in the right and moved to the left, where it was actually at a point of discomfort. I'm aware that chlamydia can cause epididymitis which is what I think it is (no swelling or bumps of any sort in testicles). Now all this may seem like textbook chalmydia (painful urination, white/yellow substance, even abdominal pain and testicular pain) so I wasn't all THAT worried because I knew there was medication and that I was already on it. Here's the part I'm worried about. First, the testicular pain which as of today and the last couple days, has pretty much subsided, the fact that I took the pills last Friday and my symptoms have actually not gotten any better, and this is the one I'm making the thread about... I have this kinda burny, warm, cooling, maybe even chafing sensation on my scrotum, area between my scrotum and thighs and pubic region. The sensation started yesterday and just felt like razor burn or something, but the sensation was still here today. It comes and goes, not really in a specific region. There's no blisters, open cuts or anything like that though. But I know one of the symptoms of herpes is a tingling, itchy sensation and its scaring me, espically since the antibiotics didn't work for chalmydia. Also, I have no cold sores and the girl didnt have any visible cuts or sores either. Anther thing, since the Friday I took the pills, I seem to have more dribble after urinating. I also forgot to say that yes, I have had to urinate often. Could this actually be herpes? I'm terrified, I don't know what I would do if it was. I've only done thigs with two girls and this happens, there's people at my school who have had sex over 25 times and their fine, this is what I get for trying to save myself for the right girl. All this anxiety over not knowing has honestly made me depressed and question my life motives. I'm going to med school and now I don't even want to because I feel like no surgeon has herpes!? As I'm typing this, there's not really any discomfort down there, just a slight itch on the bottom of my scrotum and the tip of my urethra is uncomfortable (another new symptom in the last few weeks, before it was really only when i urinated, but now it had its bad and good days). I hear some people have had these symptoms for years and years and have lived with it and I don't want that, I want it over with and I want answers to stop the anxiety. Please, help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Is this any type of herpes? Anxiety help me please.

Hello,
I am not sure that it sounds too much like herpes, I am wondering if you may really have some type of infection which test results should be able to let you know once you get them back.

I wouldn't fret over this being herpes though and don't beat yourself up over it. An estimated 80% of people that have genital herpes do not even know they have it so the people that you mention that may have sex with plenty of people chances are some have the virus but do not know.

I wish you the best, please keep us posted.

The following user gives a hug of support to angeleyz81:
SoWorried17 (10-22-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to angeleyz81 For This Useful Post:
SoWorried17 (10-22-2012)
Old 10-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
(male)

SoWorried17 HB User

Thank you for the response. It's been around 2 and a half weeks since I went to the doctor who diagnosed chlamydia, I haven't gotten the results back yet but I'm going in again soon. The itching is still there but now there's also some dark marks, not open sores of any sort, kidna look like blood blisters or moles I guess, their small and hard to find. No more testicular pain really, burns to urinate about half the time and no abdominal pain anymore. I'm getting even more scared and suspecting HIV or something. I just need to go to the doctor and get this figured out once and for all.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
(male)

SoWorried17 HB User

My results came back negative for chlamydia and gonorrhea, and the doctor diagnosed jock itch for the itchy/burning. He also said it could be my mind making up these symptoms which I wouldn't disagree with because I've done that in the past. I still don't feel reassured though, now I fear HIV/AIDS, I don't know. I'll use this cream and see if the itching/burning goes away. Still doesn't explain the slight burning sensation I still get. I just want to move on.

Closed Thread

Tags
chlamidia, herpes, herpes confused, is this herpes?, std