It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
(female)

cdcooper1973 HB User
Unhappy Just diagnosed and not sure how to cope.

I was with a guy several months ago and we used a condom. I decided I didn't want a relationship and he kept insisting he did. When he realized I wouldn't budge, he started calling me names and told me "BTW, I have an STD."

I went to the dr. and had them run every test imaginable. I found out 3 days ago I have HSV2. I have never had a breakout, signs, or symptoms. If this guy hadn't said what he did, I would never have known. The thing is that I don't even know if he is the one who gave it to me. I had been seeing a soldier for a few years and he was transfered about a two years ago to another state. The last night he was here though, we spent it together, and I remember he had like a rash of scabs on his back, buttocks, and upper thighs, and when I asked him what happened he said it was a skin rash. Regardless, what kind of person can knowingly give another an STD!!??

I feel like my life is over and I will always be alone. What man is going to want a woman with an STD they can never get rid of? I freaked out when my nurse told me and then the doctor called me and kept telling me I am not dirty, it is not the end of the world...she said I may never even have a breakout, but to ease my mind she put me on preventive medication called Acyclovir. I refuse to disclose this to my family. I feel like I am going to explode inside with my secret. Does it get any easier? Am I doomed to a life alone? If others are going through this same thing, how do you cope? How do you tell a potential partner about having an STD? I can't even imagine dating with that thought looming over me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Just diagnosed and not sure how to cope.

Hello,
I can PROMISE you that it gets better and you will be able to live a happy normal life. There is a thread at the top of this board that is titled "Happy Couples" it is a very uplifting read on people in relationships when one person doesn't have the virus, if you have a chance you should read it.

You have very sick people out there that do not care about others and think it is ok to make decisions for them and that is not right at all, like you mentioned though you aren't 100% if that person did give this to you or not .. that is the tricky part of this virus ya hardly ever know the when and who at times.

When you tell a new partner just make sure you feel comfortable and you feel that it is the right time. When you tell them you can't make it sound like the worst thing in the world if you do that is how they will see it. It really is just a pesky skin condition in the grand scheme of things.

I suggest you keep your stress levels down and your immune system up this will help to try and keep outbreaks to a minimum.

If there is anything else, feel free to post here if you have questions or just need to vent but please keep your head up. This is not the end of the world by any means and this DOES NOT change who you are.

The Following User Says Thank You to angeleyz81 For This Useful Post:
cdcooper1973 (10-22-2012)
Old 10-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
(female)

cdcooper1973 HB User
Smile Re: Just diagnosed and not sure how to cope.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate the encouragement. I will just have to try and stay positive about this.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #4
(female)

Okay2day HB User
Re: Just diagnosed and not sure how to cope.

You'll be alright, I was diagnosed a year ago. There's ups and downs but it doesn't mean much to your every day life. Take it as an excuse to stay healthy ^.^ eat right, do things that make you happy and maybe you'll never BO.
Deal with each step or feeling as it comes.

Closed Thread