It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
(male)

214dallas HB User
Exclamation pregnant and herpes

Me and my girlfriend split up and she got pregnant from a guy that has herpes. Is it certain that she has herpes now because he got her pregnant?

Old 10-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
(female)

chronic99 HB User
Re: pregnant and herpes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214dallas View Post
Me and my girlfriend split up and she got pregnant from a guy that has herpes. Is it certain that she has herpes now because he got her pregnant?
No. However if the guy was having an outbreak (blisters) at the time of intercourse, then chances are high of contracting the virus.

She should be sure to tell doctors of possible contact. Docs will check for outbreak at time of delivery and decide between natural and c-section. A c-section will prevent the baby from contact with outbreak.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
(male)

214dallas HB User

well she had a miscarraige but was running a fever and said it burned a little when peeing but no blisters or bumps of any sort. Waiting to get tested because they wont right now cause she still has pregnant hormone. They say first outbreak is the worst right?

Old 10-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
(female)

chronic99 HB User

Quote:
No. However if the guy was having an outbreak (blisters) at the time of intercourse, then chances are high of contracting the virus.

She should be sure to tell doctors of possible contact. Docs will check for outbreak at time of delivery and decide between natural and c-section. A c-section will prevent the baby from contact with outbreak.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
(female)

chronic99 HB User

Quote:

Old 10-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
(female)

chronic99 HB User

Yes, the first outbreak is the worst. It can be quite painful.

Closed Thread

Tags
herpes, pregnant