It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
(female)

Nonamel HB User
Vaginal Itching from HSV2?

Hello,

For the last year I have been experiencing constant vaginal itching, both internal and external. I have had HSV2 for a little over 2 years and have been on Valtrex/Valacyclovir for a year. As far as I know I have had no outbreaks (lesions) during this time. My question is, is it possible that the itching/burning is due to the HSV2 virus even though there are no lesions? Thanks to all.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: Vaginal Itching from HSV2?

It could be possible, or maybe there is something in the medication that isn't sitting well with you. Have you ever tried stopping it and seeing if you still feel the same way?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2012, 01:59 AM   #3
(female)

OcIceChick HB User
Re: Vaginal Itching from HSV2?

I had pretty bad itching for the first four months or so, even without an outbreak, like you described. It subsided, strangely, when I stopped freaking out about having herpes so much. I won't say it's in your head, but that might be contributing.

Closed Thread