It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
(female)

dgirl6478 HB User
What the heck is "safe sex" now?! :dizzy:

I recently found out my husband contracted HSV2 from cheating on me. He had the lesions tested instead of just bloodwork. He has only been on one round of Valtrex (in the two months since this has happened), and taking Red Marine Algae. Currently just the one outbreak, and is free of it now. He is getting ready to start Famvir, per MY doctors suggestion. I have read all about avoiding contact during outbreaks, and prodrome stage. My question is more for all the things I couldn't bring myself to ask the doctor. He had unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse with her, also oral sex was given and received. I have no idea what part of her body it came from, but he only got an outbreak in his genital area. I want to know if I can receive oral sex from him without getting it. I worry about kissing a little too. I have read people say unprotected sex (intercourse and oral) between outbreaks is ok. I can't imagine being comfortable enough with this to try that anytime soon. Help me someone, I feel like a prisoner in my own home. I'm freaked out by contact, and any fluids...I just don't want to stress where I don't need to stress...cause trust me I have enough stress already!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2012, 03:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: What the heck is "safe sex" now?! :dizzy:

Hello,
If he has it genitally then you will not get it from him orally. This is passed by skin to skin contact not through fluids. The risk of transmission is highest when there is an outbreak but regardless the risk is always there even when using a condom.

Have you been tested?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2012, 03:05 AM   #3
(female)

OcIceChick HB User
Re: What the heck is "safe sex" now?! :dizzy:

I would get tested, it's possible you are HSV+ as well and not aware.
Also, I don't want to minimize your stress, but to be completely honest, HSV is not the end of the world, especially if you're in a committed relationship with someone who also has it. It can cause a little pain and discomfort early on, but symptoms are more manageable than many other conditions, and so occasional that it is not a huge deal. So, it makes sense to be afraid, but if you have chosen to still be with your husband then it might be best to just let the chips fall where they may rather than putting so much stress on yourself and the relationship.

Closed Thread