It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
(male)

lb2018 HB User
How many different test for HSV2

Hello everyone,

I just did a second test to make sure if I had herpes and both test came back positive. The doctor said I had it for some years but I have never had a breakout in my life. So why now? I had test done early in the year for STD's all where negative. Is there any other tests besides blood test and what are the other factors in catching the disease besides sex or what would give a false positive. Again thanks for all replies in advance.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: How many different test for HSV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb2018 View Post
Hello everyone,

I just did a second test to make sure if I had herpes and both test came back positive. The doctor said I had it for some years but I have never had a breakout in my life. So why now? I had test done early in the year for STD's all where negative. Is there any other tests besides blood test and what are the other factors in catching the disease besides sex or what would give a false positive. Again thanks for all replies in advance.
Hello,
are you sure the first test included herpes? I know many routine STD panels do not include it unless you specifically ask for it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
(female)

Jessica Ellen HB User
Re: How many different test for HSV2

I have herpes and they boyfriend i had that gave it to me never knew he had it cause he never had break out. It is possible to have herpes for years and never know about it. if u have a fairly good immune system and excerise and are never run down. You wouldnt have any symptoms.. and you would just be a carrier basically herpes is just a coldsaw on ur penis or mouth.. the condition has been given an awful name thats all. It's very easy to catch herpes hsv1 nd hsv 2 they are both all part of the herpes simplex virus just cause u have it don't look down on your self because people who have coldsaws have been accepted in to social norm! so just remeber very easy to transmit take antivirals and use condoms at the same time do not have sex during a break out.

Closed Thread