It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
(female)

problems101 HB User
Unhappy Vaginal burning and redness for 2 months, herpes?

I'll try to make this long story short. Recently single after a long term relationship and maybe wasn't careful enough. One crazy drunken night where I received oral sex, went home then went back out and had actual sex (used a condom) with someone else. (i am usually never like this but thats neither here nor there)

In between sexual encounters (after the oral sex) I scrubbed my vagina with some Chanel perfume body wash really thouroughly. It burned very very badly. But in my drunkeness, I forgot about it and continued to go out... then an hour later, had sex. The guy said he had no STDs when I asked.

So then four days later, I go out wearing pretty tight pants, again more drinking, and I woke up the next morning with a burning sensation in my vagina. I thought maybe it was a yeast infection so I treated with Monistat. Then I go to the doctor and she isnt sure whats going on but tests me for all STDs except herpes bc she says I have no sores so she cant test for that.

It's two months later and my vajay is still red and still burning. Some days not as bad. I don't have any sores or lesions of any kind. Just redness on the vulva and vaginal opening. No discharge. No itchiness. Just burning and reddish.

I have tried several different things. Monistat, diflucan, betamethasone. Now I am just using cooling aloe vera which seems to be sort of working. I was taking Valtrex because I thought it might be herpes but hasn't made any improvement so maybe its not. (I had a cold sore about 4 months ago so i had some vacyclovir.)

Does this sound like herpes without the blisters? Or could it be just a long lasting skin irritation from the Chanel bodywash that caused the original burning? And maybe too much trauma to the area? The guy I had sex with I have talked to and he keeps reassuring me he has no STDs but of course he's going to say that and he is very good looking and I'm sure he's pretty promiscuous.

Been to the doctor four times and she keeps saying I have No stds and its not herpes. but she cant find me a cure...

THOUGHTS???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
(male)

lb2018 HB User
Re: Vaginal burning and redness for 2 months, herpes?

Sounds like you had a reaction to perfume go see a dermatologist.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
(female)

problems101 HB User

one thing i want to add is that there is all these little speckled spots. like maybe 100's of them. the doctor says "i think they are just pores." can herpes rash look like a bunch of little tiny white specks? maybe they are just standing out now bc everything is red? and one week there is burning and redness and then the next week there is no burning and redness, it kind of rotates like every other week for 50 days now.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
(male)

lb2018 HB User
Wink Re: Vaginal burning and redness for 2 months, herpes?

I'm not sure but see if the doctor can take a sample and get it analyzed. I just found out I have herpes and not sure where I even got from the doctor said it looks like I had it for awhile. But that's scary to me so gonna get retested. But in your case looking at pictures online it doesn't match up with your description. But I will look at more sites to see if I can find out what you might have.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
(female)

problems101 HB User

aww i am sorry to hear this is not a good month for both of us. what are your symptoms of herpes?? did you have the actual blisters or just redness and irritation. i heard you don't necessarily have to have blisters to have herpes?

Old 11-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
(male)

lb2018 HB User

I have no symptoms that's why I'm confused never had a breakout just went for my std check up for the year and blood test came back positive for it. I've made bad judgement calls but thought when I asked a partner in if there std free and they tell me yes then I'm ok but can't trust everybody. I did a self check no bumps or blisters or any irritation.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
(female)

mmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB User

You might have Molluscum Contagiosum. See a dermatologist.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmisty For This Useful Post:
lb2018 (11-02-2012)
Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
(female)

sha000 HB User

Hey, did you ever figure out what was up "down there"? I have had similar symptoms - redness and slight irritation for about 6 weeks, except it hasn't changed at all or gone away for any period of time - was told by the Doc that it could be a yeast infection, but cream didn't make it go away. Also have the SAME million little speckled spots you're talking about. Let me know if you've gotten any word on what it could be!

Old 02-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
(female)

catsarethebest HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by problems101 View Post
one thing i want to add is that there is all these little speckled spots. like maybe 100's of them. the doctor says "i think they are just pores." can herpes rash look like a bunch of little tiny white specks? maybe they are just standing out now bc everything is red? and one week there is burning and redness and then the next week there is no burning and redness, it kind of rotates like every other week for 50 days now.
Hi,

You're asking about tiny white specks? Those are completely normal. They secrete the white oily/waxy material to maintain a slight lubrication in your labia. Nothing to worry about at all!

Closed Thread