It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
(female)

mo0622 HB User
I need help! :(

I was just diagnosed and my head is spinning. I don't know what to think and I could really use some advice.
So about a week ago I developed blisters in my vaginal area. It all happened very suddenly, like one second they weren't there and the next second they were. At first I thought it might be a yeast infection since I did have some itching and I noticed a little bit of a white discharge. I self-treated with monistat but when that didn't help I went to the dr. -- who said it looked like herpes. I asked if there was a possibility it was anything else as I am in a monogamous relationship and have been for the past 10+ years. Dr. said she didn't think so, it looked a lot like herpes, but we'd do a blood test to be sure. Blood test results came back with mixed results. The initial test for herpes came back as positive, but the test for antibodies came back negative. Dr. said this could either mean that the positive result could be a false positive, or that the infection is just so new that my body has not had a chance to make antibodies yet. Either way, she suggested a re-test in 2 weeks.
2 weeks seems like a lifetime right now. At this point, I have no idea what to think. I thought I was in a monogamous relationship.
Hopefully it will turn out to be a false positive. How likely is that?
Any advice anyone has would be very much appreciated.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
(female)

elizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB User
Re: I need help! :(

I'm sure it's horrible to wait, but I think that's all you can do at this point. *hug*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
(female)

SxyCrvs HB User
Re: I need help! :(

Yes, all you can do is wait. I would also have a serious talk with your partner. I contracted herpes after because he cheated on me with a woman who had herpes but either did not reveal this or did not know herself. From my understanding if you get a false positive it is a new outbreak and your body has not had time to develop antibodies, which means you were recently infected. For me Valtrex has helped a lot in not getting outbreaks or stopping one if it starts. Lots of hugs to you.

Closed Thread