It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
(male)

john44751 HB User
Red face Penis redness/irritation persisting please HELP!

I am a 21 year old male. For the past two months I have been experiencing redness/inflammation on the head of my penis as well as the skin directly beneath the head. It is extremely sensitive all day and sore constantly, although worse at times. In the last year I have only had sexual contact with my long time partner and 2 other girls. When the symptoms began I was tested for gonorrhea, chlamydia, and bacterial infections, all clean. I was put on doxycycline for 10 days with no improvement. I then went and saw a urologist who put me on ciprofloxacin for 30 days, with no improvement. I went back to the same urologist and he prescribed mupirocin ointment for a week, no improvement. I went back to my original doctor who said it may be fungal and so told me to try lotrimin or monestat. I tried both with no improvement, then I was given 2 doses of diflucan which also did not help at all. I went and saw a dermatologist who told me it may be psoriasis and to try hydrocortisone ointment which has not helped either. I also have switched to hypoallergenic detergent and soap and all cotton underwear. I am beginning to seriously lose hope that anyone will be able to tell me what is wrong or how to fix it. The redness comes and goes, but it becomes very deep red and inflamed if I masturbate or have sex or even just have an erection. I have been told it is CERTAINLY not herpes by every single doctor due to it being constant for two months and there not being lesions but I am still fearful that this may be what it is. Can anyone tell me if this could possibly be herpes? Has anyone had similar problems or have any idea what the problem may be or how to fix it? Any insights or advice would be extremely appreciated, this whole thing is a nightmare and I am praying I find a solution soon!

Last edited by john44751; 11-07-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
(male)

john44751 HB User
Re: Penis redness/irritation persisting please HELP!

Anyone have an answer?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
(male)

RichardIII HB User
Re: Penis redness/irritation persisting

Hi, I have almost exaclty the same symptoms and have also been told by doctors that this is definitley not herpes. I have decided to take matters into my own hands and am currently trying to arrange a private Herpes IgG blood test so I can be sure if this is or isn't herpes and if so which type.
I will post results once I have them.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
(male)

RichardIII HB User
Smile Re: Penis redness/irritation persisting

Hi as promised I'm back to let you know I have my results.
As it turns out I'm negative for both HSV1 and HSV2 which is obviously a massive relief. After nearly 2 years of worrying I had herpes all I can say is that the private IgG blood test was the best money I've ever spent, the peace of mind is priceless. If anyone else out there is suffering with a redness of the penis which they believe could be herpes I would definitely recommend an IgG blood test. After 6 months of the first symptoms this particular test is very accurate, before 6 months and there is a chance of false results. In my case I'd worried about this for nearly 2 years before taking the test so I'm confident the results are good.
Now I just need to get the problem of the redness sorted but knowing this isn't herpes and that there's no risk I'm not going to give future partners an STD is great news!
Please feel free to message me if you need to discuss any of the above.

Closed Thread

Tags
dermatology, genital herpes, penis, psoriasis, redness sore