It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

worried in tx HB User
Symptoms but no sores...

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some help from those that have Herpes 2. I was with a man 6 weeks ago and have had many symptoms - flu like symptoms the week afterwards with fluid like discharge along with long period - night sweats, low grade fever, general not feeling well. I really thought I had HIV and made them test me with the NAT twice. I guess i can be sure I'm negative for that . . . I didn't even think of Herpes as I hadn't had any sores. I had a terrible pain in my pelvic area one night and thought I was dying the second week. Now I have shooting weird electric shocks all over body (not just lower portion), strange muscle pains (and groin especially ), general irritation down there (but strangely not red or look irritated), and ringing in my ears that just won't stop. It is constant for literally 4 weeks. I tested at 4 weeks with the HIV 1 (result .06) and HIV 2 (result .05) blood test. I was negative - way negative. I've heard numbers on the internet, but I think I'm the lowest!

First, if I had a bad first OB (which I even went to the ER with as I thought I was dying with HIV) and no antibodies yet?? THAT low of a number, really??

Secondly, has anyone had this CRAZY ringing in the ears. I just can't think!!! I thought it was stress/anxiety so I put up with it for awhile, but come on . . it hasn't stopped one second in 4 weeks. I also have a full feeling in my head and some numbness in the face (no neck problems so not meningitis). I've also never really had a real fever either with all of this. Neurologist, OB/GYN, Internist stumped. Of course, they are looking for sores and we all know that you can't have H without sores .

Had a CT scan of brain - all good . . . . All other STD's negative and bacteria cultures . . . .

It feels as though most of the skin on my body has a slight sunburn . . . especially face and genital area. Oh, and stomach . . . I had a little small red bump rash on my stomach and back - maybe a total of 12. Really small and red and mostly flush with skin for about a week.

Can anyone help me? I'm 6 weeks out now so I can try to get my internist to give me another herpes blood test . . . .

I've gotten back with my husband since this and told him all about it. He is not very informed and thinks I'm fine since all tests negative (doesn't know about windows). I don't want to infect him . . .

Anybody with similar symptoms?

Last edited by worried in tx; 11-14-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
(female)

worried in tx HB User
Re: Symptoms but no sores . . .

I wanted to post an update.

I had another IGG test and both Herpes 1 and 2 were both .09 and .05. These are extremely low at almost 6 weeks. Anyone have a situation where they were this low at about 1 1/2 months and then positive later? I have only had one incidence so I know the specific date.

I also have EXTREME HORRIBLE shocking pains in my legs now - especially at night I work out every day and I'm working through it, but the nights are really bad! I have little shocks everyone in my body, but my legs are the absolute worst. I also woke up today with pain in my left ear that felt like stabbing pains every 30 seconds or so.

I was self-medicating with 2000 mg of Valtrex a day as I was afraid until the doctors had a diagnosis.

Please anyone?

Old 11-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
(female)

worried in tx HB User
Unhappy Re: Symptoms but no sores . . .

Oh, and I had sex with my husband 3 days ago after testing negative for everything. He woke up with sore groin muscles, fatigue, flu-like feeling, slept all day, night sweats. This seems to be viral for sure.

Do men have sores for sure? Would they have shown up with these symptoms?

And he has been insistent that my symptoms were stress as there weren't any sores so he isn't affected by my situation.

Last edited by worried in tx; 11-18-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
(female)

Naturesweetie HB User

Could you have had shingles? Do you have any mood disorders or anxiety issues? Have you seen an allergist to rule out allergies? I react to a lot of different things and it sounds like it could be stress/allergy related. I have type 2 herpes, I get a slight fever and aches and abdominal pain sometimes. Not always. I break out in different areas as well. Get a good multivitamin or take some vit c and b complex. I'd look into allergies as well if I were you. Having a really healthy immune system lessens outbreaks. I don't get blisters in one area where I break out, just raw skin. It took 2 years for a doctor to even suspect herpes, then an obvious outbreak on my butt cheek.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
(female)

worried in tx HB User

thanks for the reply.

Now my husband has one sore with an inch of really red area round it - literally an inch all the way around. He said he "popped" it but nothing came out except a bit of clear. It is on his side at his waist (where his belt hits). He had night sweats last night and the sore as almost disappeared. At least it is much smaller.

Now I'm really worried!

Old 12-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #6
(female)

worried in tx HB User

to naturessweetie:

We all don't think it was shingles as it wasn't on one side of the body.

Oh, and I was really mad at my husband! I couldn't believe that he popped the only sore that we had between us . . . . Oh well! It is Monday and of course dry today - never crusted over per say???

And to make matters worse, my daughter brings up to me sores in her "boxer area" recently. you can imagine I freaked out. Obviously I could not have given her genital herpes. We did go and have it cultured and it was positive for Staph. PHEWWW.

Is that what my husband could have?? How can I tell the difference??

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited by Administrator; 01-10-2013 at 09:51 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to worried in tx:
Robert32 (01-22-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to worried in tx For This Useful Post:
Robert32 (01-22-2013)
Old 12-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #7
(female)

Naturesweetie HB User

I'd see the doctor for swabs to be sure. How else can you ever really know?

Old 12-12-2012, 03:13 AM   #8
(male)

jeffrie904 HB User

Sorry to hear of your troubles; sores can be cultured, but a blood test can show antibodies against herpes 1 or herpes 2 even when there is no outbreak. Best of luck.

Last edited by jeffrie904; 01-10-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #9
(female)

worried in tx HB User

Thank you so much for the response! I was feeling lonely in this . . .

Okay, so since my last post, I have had a cold sore like thing under my nose and on my cheek. I think one is coming up on/in my nose now. I even think that there are more inside my nasal passages as I am having weird sensations in side them - just like all over my body. I also can't blow my nose on one side . . .

Now, I truly believe I have either 1 or 2 orally. I don't know which one I want though to be honest. I've done so much research and I now feel that I have had a moderate case of viral meningitis or the regular herpes simplex is really playing a number on my head - literally.

I've been on 2000 mg of Valtrex for about 16 days. We thought that if it were shingles or meningitis that this would take care of it. I'm trying to ween off of that now. I do feel lots of nerve shocks every time I try to even miss one pill. They scare me as they are all over my body and I'm afraid I'm going to have an outbreak from h----. I'm trying to take only 500 mg a day today, but I already feel ALOT of distracting and uncomfortable "pains" at the 18 hour mark. I also have the one coming up in/on my nose. Cont'd

Old 12-12-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
(female)

worried in tx HB User

What does everyone think?? Please help me. I had just now gotten over the scalp/facial numbness and I stop the Valtrex and BAM - my scalp starts to get numb again and creepy crawly with strange sensations - like goose bumps in my brain . . . . I still have the ringing in my ears and I have tried to figure out the cause - medication or virus. What's weird is the only time it truly subsided was the exact day of the outbreak on my face. It seems that it left my ganglia and surfaced on my face if I were to guess. Oh and my eyes feel strange - I wake up EVERY DAY with a discharge in them - not yellow and not really gooky - just some white . . .

Also, I've had my ears checked with an ENT and got the standard - there is no cure for tinnitus and you need to get with your neurologist. GREAT! THANKS! He did test my hearing though and I've lost the high range of hearing in my right ear - the side that most of my symptoms reside. HUH?? Great . . .

My sore throat is no longer constant. I truly believe I had sores in my throat last month. (I had one sore on the end of my tongue during this time.)

Between the symptoms concerning my head/face and the ones in my pelvis, I'm so tired and frustrated that I feel that i will have to be on 2000 mg of Valtrex forever. And it is not pleasant on it. I don't have symptoms of herpes while on it (sensory pain gone), but I have all of the side effects of the medication - SEVERE constipation (hemorrhoids have flared back up - or I have herpes there too because I have bleeding with bowel movement), fatigue, foggy head, depression, muscle fatigue (I work out daily), and weakness, etc.

Does anyone have an idea of whether I have 1 or 2? I guess I probably have one of them in both places. I was completely negative for both right after incident. Now I have a .6 with a .89 being positive in a hsv 1/2 combo blood test. This is at 10 weeks. Remember, I've been on HIGH doses of Valtrex and I believe that this has caused my late antibody production. The dr. ordered the wrong test - not the specific so I have to go in yet again to my GP and get her to order another specific test - she is very uneducated in HSV and thinks my 6 week negative test was conclusive. She thinks I'm crazy! Heck, I think I'm crazy at this point.

Should I go off of my Valtrex and risk an outbreak like no other? I'm asking for opinions because all the ID dr's in my area require a diagnosis from GP before making an appointment. This is so frustrating!!! I'm so afraid that if I go off of the Valtrex that it will travel to my brain as it seems to be all over and wreaking havoc. Next stop - my brain for encephalitis . . .

Does it sound like HSV1 in both places since I haven't had a true outbreak down there, but extreme nerve pain that has lasted 8 weeks? I have a sore on my lip as of this morning. It is small.

Would my husband's one sore at his waist line on his front side be indicative of 1 or 2? Oh and he now has a "canker sore" he says, on the inside of his lip. Oh yay . . .

Help please anyone!!! My kids think I'm going crazy and I'm about to lose my job . . .

Last edited by worried in tx; 12-12-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:29 AM   #11
(male)

Vince017 HB User

Trying to self diagnose everything is what's going to drive you crazy. Going to a doctor is the best course of action. I was in the same state when the of me catching HIV or Herpes crossed my mind for the first time. This was in Nov 28 of this year.

I realized after a few weeks that it was not as helpful seeking help online for a diagnosis as the best results are attained by seeing a doctor. They can see what's going on and determine it through test. Online, they only know and "imagine" what you have through the way you are explaining it.

I occasionally get anxiety attacks but I do not let it get the best of me.
Unless you are 100% sure, going through this process of beating yourself is unnecessary . I have to wait six weeks (Junuary 8) to get tested. I have some idea of what you're going through and the anxiety is a killer.

Go see a doctor.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #12
(male)

Willy1063 HB User

Hi, did u ever find out what you have? I have the exact same symptoms and have no idea what it could be

Old 09-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #13
(female)

Lostfeel HB User

I am on the same boat, I became ill about 2 months ago, it was really bad my throat was full of white plaque and my mouth was full of canker sores and 3 sores on my lips. Since then I have be having symptoms but no open sores, I don't know if the bumps on my genital area were because of h or because the pubic hair was growning since I didn't feel good enough to keep trimming(they were only there for about 2 or 3 days and they were gone) but it feels like it burns as well as the skin around my mouth and sometimes my throat burns also, the skin around my mouth looks like if I had a rash but it's not red or anything, you can't really see it unless you stretch the skin. There's also erruptions on my face and I honestly don't think it's acne, it looks different I think. I had some burning on my eyes but that has gone down a lot. I also have this burning sensation (kinda like when you get goosebumps) on the back of my head, don't know if it's anxiety or part of the illness.

I didn't think the illness was going to be this bad, it's only been 2 months and I feel like I can't deal with this anymore =/

Closed Thread