It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
(male)

john44751 HB User
Red face Can genital herpes act this way?

Can Herpes present itself as just redness and soreness on the penis glans for 3 months with no sores? For roughly 3 months i have had redness and sensitivity/pain on the tip of my penis and just below it. Antifungals, antibiotics, cortisone have not helped. The symptoms are constant and have never gone away and come back. Can genital herpes act this way? There have never been anything remotely resembling sores, blisters, or lesions. Just slight redness on top of penis tip near urethra and pain/sensitivity in penis head constantly. Masturbation makes the penis tip very red and extra sensitive. Tests negative for ngu or uti. Have seen urologists and dermatologist who say it is not herpes, just wondering if there is any possibility it is?

Old 11-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

rich200705 HB User
Re: Can genital herpes act this way?

Hi there john I'm in the same boat as you ive had no real visual marks that you would get with herpes as the doctors have insisted that it is not herpes I do not believe them as ive tried thrush cream using less sensitive soaps etc but nothing seems to help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
(male)

john44751 HB User

Have you been tested for hsv?

Old 11-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
(male)

john44751 HB User

Ive been told it could be psoriasis

Old 11-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

rich200705 HB User

Well ive had my sti screens and nothing was positive, my doctor did a general blood test with one thing being hsv but it was 3 months after and was negative. I don't trust my result I heard it can take some bodies long as 6+ months or so to produce antibodies?

The Following User Says Thank You to rich200705 For This Useful Post:
Jessielou (12-03-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #6
(male)

john44751 HB User

Well I've heard from all the doctors I have seen as well as other websites that having symptoms like this without lesions is extremely rare for herpes. Also, the fact that the pain is constant and doesnt come in "outbreaks" is very atypical. How long have you been dealing with this and what have you learned?

Old 11-18-2012, 03:21 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

rich200705 HB User

Well ive been to several doctors and I generally get ... it's anxiety. Well my gps and the gum clinic haven't noticed any lesions or outbreaks and say my penis looks healthy. I've been living with this condition since April after I had unprotected sex. The only thing i've looked up is herpes and intertrigo which is more down to my career, chef and hot kitchens.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #8
(male)

john44751 HB User

Iv been told i look healthy for the most part as well however i do have some visible symtpoms as i get redness on the penis head, especially after sex its very red for awhile. Do you have no visible symptoms at all and just the pain and sensitivity? My urologist and dermatologist are both saying that they think it is a dermatological issue not an infection or urological issue. I think maybe my mind goes to herpes just because of my anxiety over the condition and its resistance to treatment but at this point its logically very unlikely thats what it is or if it is that it would be an extremey atypical presentation of it according to every expert i have spoken with. I am having a biopsy done soon i think because i am sick of just being told what this isnt and not exactly what it is.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

rich200705 HB User

I go to herpes because of my symptoms my penis head is rather red but it has a burning sensation and feels irritated same for around the skin whilst the fore skin feel sore. A few weeks after the unprotected sex my glands in my groin were up which was identified when I went for a scan. Plus i've been doing what ive been told as they think it's simply senstive skin ... which isn't helping and trush cream just makes the burning worse.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #10
(male)

john44751 HB User

Same with me, however as irritating and persistent as these symptoms are I just haven't found any cases online that fit our description that are herpes. All experts online I have contacted as well as the doctors I have seen in person (as well as the doctors you have seen) agree this is very likely not herpes. Anyone I have found with the same symptoms has had negative HSV tests.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

rich200705 HB User

It is irritating mine is generally there but comes and goes in the level of annoyance. Despite the fact they don't think it is herpes I can't believe them.

Closed Thread

Tags
confused, herpes, penis