It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
(male)

gary354 HB User
Question Itchy bumps on my butt. Could use some help!

I live in the tropics in South East Asia. I don't have much money so I wanted to ask here first. Plus at the hospitals English is spoken a little bit, but it's really hard to explain all of this without them quickly prescribing something that's probably incorrect.

A couple months ago I got jock itch due to me sweating constantly. A little bit after I got these itchy bumps and welts on my butt. The bumps are red and not big, but sometimes underneath them is some type of welt with no color but it's raised a bit and firmer than the surrounding skin. They itch constantly and badly, the same as the jock itch did. Usually I'll have the bumps and the bad itching for 5-10 days or so and then it goes away for a couple days, then comes back. It's been like this for about 2 months.

For the jock itch, I got some Lamisil and it cleared that right up after about 4 days. I put it on my butt also thinking it could also be some type of fungal infection, but it didn't help. I told a "pharmacist" at a local sidewalk "pharmacy" and she first suggested an anti-fungal cream. I said I tried that, so she gave me a small tube of "triamcinolone acetonide". It said it's for "skin allergy and inflammatory dermatoses". That night I applied a large amount to my butt. The next morning it was gone. I applied it every day until I ran out, and they began coming back after 2 days.

I've been reading online and it sounds like it could be herpes, but does herpes really itch constantly and badly like this? Does it sound like herpes to you guys? That would be a real downer...

If you could give me any advice I would really appreciate it. As I said before, money is very tight for me and even though it's much cheaper in SE Asia, I can't do trial and error with medications right now. Thanks!

Last edited by Administrator; 11-16-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2012, 04:55 AM   #2
(female)

foggyday HB User
Re: Itchy bumps on my butt. Could use some help!

I guess it's never going to be easy to self diagnose until someone sees it. I'm lucky in England to have the NHS, with just a trip to the doctors I was told straight away just from the nurse checking it out. Obviously a swab was taken too but she's pretty certain.

If where you are is anywhere like here, they will be able to tell you straight away whether it is or is not.

When I read your post my initial thoughts were it doesn't sound like herpes. Not to continually reoccur for 2 months. But then simple things like friction or even a sugary diet can apparently trigger it off. For it to disappear straight away after using the cream though again doesn't sound like herpes. I'm on my fourth day of anti virals now, five tablets a day. I'm still itching and in a bit of pain.

If there's any way at all you can get it checked out, I would.
Good luck, I hope you're in the clear.

Closed Thread