It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
(male)

guy1185 HB User
Exclamation herpes simplex 1, what to do

I just found out i was diagnosed with HSV1 and surprisingly took it okay, maybe because i'm still unaware of what it'll cause. i know it causes breakouts and being itchy, but i'm not sure what to do. apart from sex i don't know how to live my life, what can i do and can't i? i'm scared to even shake someones hand. will i have to wear gloves all my life? will everyone somehow find out i have it? what will my parents think of me? i'm only 22 and it seems so surreal to have it. they teach you about it in school and you don't really care until you have it. i've never gotten any sexual diseases/infections before and now i have a pretty serious one that i'm stuck with the rest of my life. will i even have a semi normal life? will i ever get married and have kids? and if i do, what could i do to prevent it from spreading to them? honestly i feel like rolling up a fatty and smoking it til i don't care about anything anymore, and i don't even smoke weed! please help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2012, 03:33 AM   #2
(male)

andrewww HB User
Arrow Re: herpes simplex 1, what to do

hey man, looks like we are on the same boat here, Im 23 years old and I just found out I have HSV2. It feels like the end of the world and if I tell you everything is cool and you can live normal life I would be lying to you because I don't know either. I just started doing my research on it too and from what I have found so far Im sure you dont have to wear gloves all the time. There are only some ways of passing this onto someone. As far as getting married and kids, im sure you can do that just be honest with your future partner and let them know what you have, if they love u they will stick around and help u if not then on to the next one.. Pretty sure you can still have kids without passing this onto them but you have to take your meds daily and not have sex during outbreaks. Im sorry to hear all this bro but I can totally feel your pain. Also a fat one to put this **** behind us does sound really good right now...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
(male)

guy1185 HB User
Re: herpes simplex 1, what to do

I've been so confused and depressed about this I don't even know what to feel anymore. The last 3 weeks, apart from work, I've been just laying around my apartment. I used to go out every weekend at least once and have at minimum an 18 pack, now its been 3 weeks and all I've had were 2 beers. I don't know what people will think of me and not sure if I want to. What would my parents think? I'm very tempted to cut out everything social in my life.

Closed Thread