It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 02:11 AM   #1
(male)

andrewww HB User
Saddest day of my life.

I am 23 years old and I had sex for the first time around 6 months ago. I did use a condom and was very certain that I had safe sex because I wasn't experiencing anything unusual untill this week almost 6 months after that day. My legs recently started getting very itchy and then came the blisters. I called my doctor and due to thanksgiving the latest appointment he gave me was week after. As soon as I noticed blisters on my penis I became very sure I had HSV2. Now im here thinking why me? my first time ever and now im infected with something that will stay with me for lifetime!! It feels like my life has stopped, I dont know what to do who to tell. Im very ashamed and I know I should not feel this way because im not the only one, 1 out of every 5 is infected by this but I wanted to be in that 5 and not that 1. Its been 3 days without sleep, even though im really tired I still cant fall asleep. Whenever I try to my legs get soo itchy. Im still waiting on my doctor's appointment but i already know what i have so i'll ask him to perform other STD tests too.
I read almost everything about herpes online and know what medication i should tell my doctor to prescribe me.
Can someone please suggest me which one is more effective acyclovir or famciclovir? which one of them prevents future outbreaks because I dont wana experience this again even though I have it I just want to forget about it. Also what should I do to prevent passing it on to my future partner other than using a condom? Thanks for any help.

I never in my life thought this would happen to me. It's just not fair.

Last edited by andrewww; 11-25-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
(female)

Jessica Ellen HB User
Re: Saddest day of my life.

hey andrew, im jess! i was recently diagonosed with hsv 2, only 2 months ago when i was 18 trust me babe it isnt the end of the world the best medication i have used acyclovir, which i am currently taking. Ignore all these doctors sites you find best way to think about it is.. its only a skin condition .. morjority of the world has hsv1 which is plain coldsaws .. all you got think is these few things and that u got a coldsaw on ur penis .. u get it from sexual contact and a condom only protects the area its on.. so if u take a anti viral and use condoms lowers the percentage rate of transmissons to others by 50%. use chat rooms dont go on silly sites it will only make u feel worse and remember your not alone :]. xx

Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
(male)

gary354 HB User

Don't jump to conclusions before seeing the doctor. It could be something else, like eczema. See your doctor, get the tests done, and know for sure.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
(female)

miraclebaby24 HB User

Andrew, I'm 24 and when I found out 5 years ago it was the end of the world to me as well.. I cried so had I gave myself a bloody nose. I got my results back at the worst time ever. My new boyfriend was over and I opened the results hoping for a negative, but that wasn't the case. I now have a 3 year old boy who was born with herpes-1 and was close to death.. He did a 21 day stay in the hospital when he was a week old. And today he is the most active child in the world I think...I sat where you were when I first found out, then I sat where you were again when my son was born. Now I am here and I am happily married to a partner who knows and accepts my disease and treats me no different than he would treat anyone else. I also look at my son not ashamed but proud that he is alive and well and a fighter.. Don't feel sorry for yourself you have nothing to be ashamed of, now you just have to use cautions and choose to sit in self pity where i did for a long time or tell your self that 70% of people have it and its not a big deal.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
(male)

maverick55 HB User

Andrew, you and I might be in the same boat. I have been feeling herpes symptoms 3 days after unprotected intercourse, but have not received my blood test results yet. First, don't jump to conclusions! There is still a chance that you might not have herpes. But even if you do, everything will be just fine. I felt like you a couple days ago, but after research and coping, I am in much better spirits. Like you, I am constantly wondering how the heck I'm going to have sex anymore. But after researching on the web, I have come up with a pretty good system. I would encourage you you to do the following:
1. Wear a condom during outbreaks(abstain from sex is best). It's best to not have sex a few days before, during and after an outbreak. This is when you are most contagious.
2. Take an antiviral as a suppressant. From what I understand, you don't need to constantly take an antiviral med to act as a suppressant. Lets say you are going on a vacation one week or on a date, and anticipate having sex; From what I understand, you can take the antiviral a few days before that and it should lower your chance of transmission considerably. I recommended doing more research and talking to your doctor about this. From what I've researched, all the antiviral meds have about the same effectiveness.
3. Use a gel around the base of your genitals. The only product that might possible prevent herpes transmission that I can find is called Divine 9. Not only does it contain a chemical that supposedly prevents herpes transmission, it's also a true water based lubricant which will prevent friction, which can break the skin. A product to look out for in the future is Viva Gel. Viva Gel is the next big thing that might be released as soon as next year. I recommend that you research both products.
4. Don't shave your pubic hair. Pubic hair can act as a barrier to prevent skin to skin contact. Shaving can also cause small micro cuts that would expose your virus to your partner.
5. Maybe take L Lysine, Zinc, vitamin D, and Vitamin C with Bioflanoids. You can also google supplements that bundle these together. These are meant to boost your immune system and help prevent outbreaks. I would talk to your doctor about the dosages you should take.

On top of all this, I recommend learning the different transmission rates between HSV1, HSV2. If you only have Genital HSV1, your transmission rate is extremely low. Does anyone else have any tips? Most importantly, don't feel down. If you are indeed infected, you are going through the worst of it now. The first symptom is always the worst, and accepting the reality makes it a lot harder. You'll be fine man.

Last edited by maverick55; 11-28-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Closed Thread