It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
(male)

divers217 HB User
Is it Herpes? Are these symptoms?

Since a risky encounter, I have had tingling, *****ly feeling in my genitals for several weeks. I first developed what looks like some scarring on my inner thighs. There were no lesions, though. I went to my doctor, he said it doesn't look like herpes. I have taken a few blood tests, all IGM and IGG were negative, but I understand that short of 3 months, they are not reliable, so I must wait.

I have this tingly, *****ly, pins and needles feeling daily, it seems to worsen at night. I have had it for 6 weeks. My doctor says if it was herpes, it would turn into blisters, and since it has not, I shouldn't think it is herpes. he has put me on Acyclovir for a week, and Valacyclovir for a week as well, but these feelings persist.

I have also tried anti-fungal creams with no result.

I have read that it is possible that I am having a lot of minor outbreaks, or maybe the anti-viral meds are keeping it from becoming full blown outbreak.

Has anyone had weeks of this feeling and has been diagnosed with herpes? Is this common?

Old 11-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
(female)

Jessica Ellen HB User
Re: Is it Herpes? Are these symptoms?

hey, doesnt sound like herpes.. herpes are itchy and painful spots and worsen at night. if they look like ulcers u get in your mouth but on ur penis or virgina.. with u my love i dont think you do best to have a fulll blown sti and std test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
(male)

divers217 HB User
Re: Is it Herpes? Are these symptoms?

Thanks for the reply. It does seem to get worse at night, but its the tingling that gets worse. I don't have any blisters. I had some skin cracks one day, but the doctor said it didn't look like herpes, just chafed skin from my run. Also, he said I'd have antibodies if I had symptoms, he may be wrong.

Its really just a constant tingly feeling, that gets worse every evening. Sometimes there are these momentary *****ly sensations in parts of my genitals as well.

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, herpes, jock itch, std