It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
(female)

miraclebaby24 HB User
Unhappy Herpes

Hi, I am a 24 year old mother to a three year old son born with dissemented hsv-1. We found out by going to 4 different doctor before they would give my son a blood test and get our 21 day stay at nicu started. Not the way a young new mother wanted to start out so I couldn't imagine what my son was going through. We got through our first year without a problem, not a single outbreak when they predicted at least 12. He is now almost 4 years old and I think we might have had our first problem. I did like the doctors said I treat him normally and I'm definitely not an over re-actor when it comes to him getting sick. We take medicine, I don't run him to the doctor's or make a big deal out of nothing. However this last time made me nervous. He spiked a fever Thanksgiving night and into friday afternoon, by Sunday his eyes were swollen and almost looked like they did in nicu. I called and made a drs. appointment and they practically laughed at me when I brought up his disease. I'm not sure why they are so passive about this situation and not very explanational about when it's time to worry? Am I the one over re-acting about this, or should they be more concerned?

Closed Thread