It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
(male)

maverick55 HB User
False Negative?

Last Wednesday, I engaged in unprotected sex. The next morning, the female told me that she had both hsv1 and 2, but never had an outbreak. 2 days later, I began feeling strong symptoms. I was extremely fatigue(could barely lift arms), had a burning sensation around me genitals/anus, my genitals felt raw/swollen, no appetite, and have been itching all over my body. I have not had any type of outbreak which also makes me concerned about it being a possible HIV infection. These symptoms have reduced drastically after 4 days except for very minor fatigue and frequent itching all over my body. Ironically, I had my annual std test(for everything) schedule for the Monday after my encounter. I just received my results today and they were negative. Now, I know that test was way too early to rely on since it was only 5 days after the encounter. I have already schedule another test 3 months from now to be sure. Now, is it at all possible that this test could have been accurate? Since I had these symptoms, wouldn't that mean that the antibodies would most likely be present? I am just trying to give myself some peace of mind that will last me until my next test! Please let me know your thoughts. I just want to know if it's even physically possible for antibodies to be present in a test this early. Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread