It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
(female)

paintedpixie HB User
Can herpes cause permanent nerve damage?

Hi everyone

A little bit of background information:
I had contracted the herpes (simplex 2) virus about 3 to 4 weeks ago. At first i thought that I have vaginal fissures and therefore did not immediately seek medical advise. 2 weeks later, I developed a high fever and sores on and around my vulva, including an ulcer/sore right at the very entrance to my vaginal canal.

I finally went to see a doctor as I was very sure that I had herpes, and I was told that there is nothing that they can do, and to come back within the first 3 days of my next outbreak. I was given Kenacomb Ointment as topical treatment to help aid the healing process.

It has been a week since my sores have healed, however sex has become a very painful affair. Please excuse the explicit details:
Whenever my partner uses his fingers or his tongue, I do not feel any pain. However, when we attempt sexual intercourse, I experience a sharp pain on the left side of the entrance to my vaginal canal. To describe it in further detail, it is akin to the skin being over stretched and split.

Due to this pain, I have been unable to enjoy, or for that matter have, sexual intercourse... It has put a lot of strain on the relationship and I am not quite sure what to do next. If anyone here could enlighten me, please do. Thank you very much

Closed Thread