It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
(female)

realtalk1 HB User
help! i'm nervous!

so over thanksgiving break, my entire family (except for me) got sick with the 24 hour flu. About 10 days ago i had sex, we used a condom, but it ended up lasting a long time and it was really, really dry by the end. Four days after that I woke up not feeling well - was extremely achey, felt like i had the flu, ended up throwing up a few times. It only lasted for that day. I initially thought I just got what my whole family had over break, but then my vagina started to hurt a lot within the next few days. It hurt to walk, sit, stand, pretty much do anything. As it progressed, I noticed i had these cuts almost, and that's what was causing it to hurt so much. I have swollen lymph nodes around my groin area, but it's really tricky because I was just getting over being sick when all of this happened. It doesn't hurt to pee or anything, but it does hurt when the pee touches these cuts if that makes sense. I went to the doctor and got a culture done, but haven't gotten the results back yet, and am extremely nervous to hear them. My question to you all, is do you think that I have genital herpes? Or could these cuts just be from having dry sex? The guy who I had sex with said that he's been recently tested for any STD's and that he was clear, but I still am unsure...

PLEASE, someone let me know soon! i'm soo nervous!

thanks!

Old 12-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
(female)

Jessielou HB UserJessielou HB User
Re: help! i'm nervous!

Hi sorry you have not been well, it sounds just my first outbreak some months ago, very painful. I have had so many outbreaks since I have lost count, I get sore, itchy, burning skin around my anus and it hurts when I have a bowel movement so I presume there are spots or swelling inside my anus.
I have never had any visible spots since my first outbreak and no pain or discomfort around my vagina, it has all been around the anus, I have not had anul sex either so that can't be the reason.
I have bought cotton knickers and cotton leggings which really makes a difference to my anal area itch and burning.
I have not had a period for over ten years,so that is not what is causing my outbreaks.
So I have had herpes for about six months and although I wish I didn't have it there really are alot of things in life much worse than herpes.
Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions.....sending you a hug..and hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
(female)

Hi sorry you have not been well, it sounds just my first outbreak some months ago, very painful. I have had so many outbreaks since I have lost count, I get sore, itchy, burning skin around my anus and it hurts when I have a bowel movement so I presume there are spots or swelling inside my anus.
I have never had any visible spots since my first outbreak and no pain or discomfort around my vagina, it has all been around the anus, I have not had anul sex either so that can't be the reason.
I have bought cotton knickers and cotton leggings which really makes a difference to my anal area itch and burning.
I have not had a period for over ten years,so that is not what is causing my regular frequent outbreaks.
So I have had herpes for about six months and although I wish I didn't have it there really are alot of things in life much worse than herpes.
Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions.....sending you a hug..and hope you feel better soon.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
(female)

realtalk1 HB User

So you do think that it is herpes? i'm literally so anxious to get my call back from my doctor.. they should be calling me today, so i'll have to let you know i guess. I just couldn't wait, and wanted a second opinion from someone who knows what they're talking about. I've been telling my mum all of these things, but she doesn't really know anything about it...

and I know that there are worse things, but I'm just so nervous that if and when I do get diagnosed with it, about telling my boyfriend. It's just so strange because him and I have been dating for over a year and a half, and he's the only person that I've ever had sex with in my whole life...

Is there another way to get it than sexually? or is that the only way to get genital herpes?

Old 12-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
(female)

Hello, how you doing today?
It only takes one time to catch Herpes, lots of people have it without knowing, they put it down to piles or yeast infections.
You can apparently get it from a wet towel, that has just been used by someone who has herpes.
If you have never had any kind of sexual relationships with anyone but your partner, then at least you know where you got it from.
Keep us updated, try not to worry if it is herpes it really isn't as bad as you think.
Take care

Old 12-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
(female)

Hello, how you doing today?
It only takes one time to catch Herpes, lots of people have it without knowing, they put it down to piles or yeast infections.
You can apparently get it from a wet towel, that has just been used by someone who has herpes.
If you have never had any kind of sexual relationships with anyone but your partner, then at least you know where you got it from.
Keep us updated, try not to worry if it is herpes it really isn't as bad as you think.
Take care

Closed Thread

Tags
herpes, std, vaginal pain