It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
(male)

ThatGuy123 HB User
Paranoia ?

Hi,

As i posted in another thread, i was exposed to a cold sore from a girl a way back. She was wearing a cold sore patch that covered the cold sore. Stupid as i was i thought that would prevent me from being infected, and recieved oral sex without a condom and was kissing with her.

The day after i was feeling ill, tired, feeling weak, etc. was coughing alot, and had an upset stomach, and i started to get worried that i might have been infected. I noticed a redish mark on the bottom side of my penis, and this didn't help my worries. This was max. 15 hours after exposure. I was feeling ill for about 3 days, but it improved day by day.

The next week/s i was so scared that i went to the toilet and bathed with the lights out, afraid of what i might see.

I dont know quite when but at some point i started to feel a very slight itching around my testicles and anus, it didn't hurt just slight annoyance.

A week or so ago, i noticed that my foreskin began to stick to my penis head, and it seemed kind of moist under it, more than im used to. It was quite annoying.

This week i have noticed some very tiny white spots on my penis. They are barely visible , i only noticed them when i was stretching the skin on my penis. They dont hurt to the touch.

Also this week, i have been having a slight flu, with dry mouth, some slight annoyance swallowing etc. I also noticed that i was having a big white layer almost covering my tongue. After closer inspection i noticed there was also this white layering some places inside my mouth.

After my exposure, i have been reading ALOT about herpes on the internet, and this might have made me more paranoid than what is good.

My questions are, are my symptoms what is typical for herpes, or is it more in my head?

At this point im scared to have sex, kissing, and also to touch, especially in intimate places, because i have read in some cases herpes can infect the hands aswell. Is this overly paranoid?

Right now im just wishing the months will pass so i can get a test, to clear out whether im infected or not.

Thanks for your replies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
(female)

Lady La La HB User
Re: Paranoia ?

It sounds like you have a lot going on. Sorry to hear it, I know how scary all this could be when you don't know what is going on with your body. You start to think that any little thing is herpes (which may or may not be the case). Well the symptoms vary from person to person. Some get a tingling sensation before the outbreak, some get a sensitivity in the area before and outbreak, some get itchy, some get flu like symptoms and their body aches. Usually the first outbreak is the worst. If you look on line at pictures of herpes those are usually the worse case senarios (I advise against this because it will just freak you out) I know mine don't look anything like that!!!! The can look like little hair bumps, it can be one or it can be a cluster of several bumps. Some have puss in them some look like blisters. I would say if you have bumps, sores or anything go to the doctor and they can swab the bump and test it so you don't have to wait a month for the blood test. I just want to add this for a piece of mind, if it is herpes just know that it is not the end of the world. I know it might be hard at first but trust me it will get easier with time. This message board helped me a lot and I got a lot of support from my friends and family that I shared this with. There is a stigma associated with this condition but remember this doens't define who you are! I know it is hard but try not to worry until you find out. Once you find out, if you do have it educate yourself, you will not believe how many people deal with this (I have friends and family that have this same condition that I didn't even know!). I hope this helped you.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
(male)

ThatGuy123 HB User

Thanks for the comfort.

I know i shouldn't stress too much about it at this point, i haven't really noticed anything that makes it 100% sure im infected, though i have had alot of suspicious things going on.

I would say the first couple of weeks were the hardest, now i have tried to come to terms with it, should i be infected.

I will most likely still be shattered if i should get some bad news, but on the other hand i will be ecstatic should i get some good news.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:40 AM   #4
(male)

ThatGuy123 HB User

Well i was doing some research on the internet, as i have been doing since my exposure.

And i did come across an unharmful condition, called Fordyce Spots ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fordyce's_spot

... that looks alot like the spots i have been noticing on my penis. This has helped me alot to calm down, even though i know im not home safe yet.

Usually im not examining my penis so thoroughly as i have been doing lately, as i have had no reason to. So it could be that the spots i have been noticing could have been there before.

Maybe this could help other people to calm down a bit, looking into unharmful 'infections' before calling the doomsday bells prematurely as i have been doing for sure

Old 12-08-2012, 04:40 AM   #5
(male)

ThatGuy123 HB User

The funny thing is, that i dont really feel any symptoms today, so it could be that it is all in my head, i know that wouldn't be the first time.

Even though i try not to be too optimistic at this point, as it would only make it worse, should i find out im infected.

Closed Thread