It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
(male)

Dax2838 HB User
Uncertain about herpes

Hi all,

I have unprotected sex with a woman approx. 2 weeks ago. It was a Saturday night. I was so anxious about it I had erection problems and not much happened, maybe it lasted 20 seconds. She then performed oral.

By Tuesday I had some swollen glands in my neck, a sore throat, pus on my tonsils and some body aches. I never took my temperature, but maybe a fever, I'm unsure. I got some antibiotics and felt immensely better within 10 hours. However, the sore throat probably lingered for a week. No sores or discharge on any part of my genital area occurred at this time at all. My doc thought it was strep throat, but I never got a confirmation from him after he did a culture, but then, I never called him.

A bit more than two weeks later we have unprotected sex again, though briefly. She also gave me very aggressive oral (which actually was quite painful at certain times). The next afternoon while in the bathroom I notice a small, purplish dot on my penis head near the Urethera. there is another purple/red mark far on the other side, but it's looks more like a spider vein; it's a straight line. Finally, there are two extremely small pin *****s, again on another spot. All are the same color, and all are smooth. No sickness this time at all.

There is no pain, itch, or even "lumpyness" to these marks. They're perfectly smooth and even rubbing them causes no irritation. No discharge either. I wonder if they are simple irritation? They are not clustered either. It looks more like I got a slight bruise. Perhaps wishful thinking, but nothing I've seen in any herpes photo looks remotely similar. They have gotten a little better since I first noticed them Tuesday.

Any thoughts? I am hoping all this is a coincidence, but I am fairly scared I have genital herpes. Talk to me, please. I know it's not the end of the world, but I am still terrified. Could it have been the oral? She definitely bit me during it.

Additionally, I know herpes can take many forms so I'm going for a swab test tomorrow. Is that more effective than a blood test? I've heard blood tests are actually not the gold standard, but with no real discharge that I can see, I wonder if I should ask for it?

Last edited by Dax2838; 12-13-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #2
(male)

Vince017 HB User
Re: Uncertain about herpes

I'm telling you this as I have suspicions that I have it too.

Getting a blood test can be dodgy for the first few weeks. I was told to wait 6 weeks before getting a blood test. I read online also that Herpes is not included in standard STD testing so be sure to ask for a specific blood test if you're going to go down that route.
If you have sores, getting a swab would definitely help.

As for outbreaks. I read online that pictures found online are of severe out breaks. Some people usually have one to four sores at a given time. Some don't feel any symptoms at all.

I am no professional so I can't tell you which is better. Get in touch with your doctor again. If you feel that your current doctor is not helpful find a new.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
(male)

Dax2838 HB User
Re: Uncertain about herpes

Thank you for responding. I actually did get checked out and the doctor said that he was certain the marks on my glans were NOT an STD and more likely just some markings from rough sex. To the point where he didn't think it necessary to test me until at least a month post possible exposure. They really didn't look anything like any herpes sore I had ever seen, even a small single one. It looked more like a bruise.

I will still get a test, and I suppose you never know (I am concerned re: the flu symptoms, though most of what I've read indicates that if you get the flu bad the first time, you'll see a breakout), but my anxiety has certainly died down. I spoke with my partner from that evening and she indicated she had tested negative relatively recently. Here's hoping.

Last edited by Dax2838; 12-18-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Closed Thread