It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
(female)

reallyscared123 HB User
Questions??

I was in a relationship where we used condoms every time we had sex, but there were instances where I gave him oral sex without a condom.

He broke up with me last week and told me he had Herpes and kinda thought it would be nice to do what a girl did to him to someone else. He didn't explain what type and then changed all his contact information.

I am going to get tested as soon as a clinic in my area opens.

I'm kinda freaking out since I'm sure I will also test positive, but is there anything I should look for? I do get UTI's frequently and have eczema that normally covers my legs and stomach so I don't know. Can I pass this to my child at all?

Old 12-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
(male)

Dax2838 HB User
Re: Questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallyscared123 View Post
I was in a relationship where we used condoms every time we had sex, but there were instances where I gave him oral sex without a condom.

He broke up with me last week and told me he had Herpes and kinda thought it would be nice to do what a girl did to him to someone else. He didn't explain what type and then changed all his contact information.

I am going to get tested as soon as a clinic in my area opens.

I'm kinda freaking out since I'm sure I will also test positive, but is there anything I should look for? I do get UTI's frequently and have eczema that normally covers my legs and stomach so I don't know. Can I pass this to my child at all?
Crazy story. While I am no expert, I have read extensively online and spoken with a couple of doctors. If you practiced safe sex and have had no symptoms, there is a good chance you were not exposed. Get a test asap more for your own peace of mind than actual risk of exposure.

I cannot answer the pregnancy question because I just don't know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
(male)

Vince017 HB User

I have read online that when pregnant with a child, the mother must always check for signs towards an outbreak. If an outbreak occurs especially in the vagina, then a cesarean is done for child birth. This way the child is not infected with herpes. From there, you would go with your regular ways of avoiding spreading the virus ( washing hands before touch the baby. No kissing especially when sores are present)

At least that's what I've read online.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Hello,
If you did get herpes if you have it genitally the last month during pregnancy the doctor would place you on Valtrex to reduce the risk of an outbreak and as you mentioned if you are having an outbreak at the time of labor then a c-section would be done.

If you have herpes orally then you would not have to worry about the pregnancy since you do not have it genitally

Closed Thread