It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
(male)

NewManbefore30 HB User
What is the best cream for post-scab skin to smooth out

What kind of lotion or cream can I rub on my penis to smooth it out and make it so I don't have any scarring once these herpes sores heal, dry up, and hopefully scab off. Please provide info from your own personal experience. Thanks.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: What is the best cream for post-scab skin to smooth out

I'm not sure about putting anything on them while they are still there. I know that cocoabutter or even vitamin E may be helpful with scarring in general.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
(male)

NewManbefore30 HB User

I'm referring to once the scab has come off and there is just "pink-ish" tender new skin left over. I have applied an 80% aloe vera cream for the last 2 days. Do you think I should stop this. By the way, this is on the genitals.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

I would try coco butter it is great for many things. I know it may be weird placing it on your genitals but its easier for you as a man then me as a female ya know lol .

Old 12-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
(male)

NewManbefore30 HB User

I had read stuff about the aloe vera so that is why I'm using it. I am super new to this and have read that I don't need to put any sort of lotion or cream as things will heal up on their own. I don't really have any scars yet. If I had what I considered scars, I may have even used neosporin.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-20-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

You really should be ok. I know that I am female but I do not have any scarring from an outbreak, it is great you are being pro-active but I wouldn't worry much over it.

Has the aloe been doing anything since you have been applying it?

Old 12-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #7
(male)

NewManbefore30 HB User

I only put it on super lightly once yesterday and once today. The area looks pretty much the same so far and it didn't look bad to begin with (like I said, I've read it'll clear up on its own, and by that I mean that little patch of skin will go back to being the same color as the rest of my skin down there) so we'll see.

Closed Thread