It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2012, 04:03 AM   #1
(male)

ThatGuy123 HB User
Triggering a herpes outbreak?

First of, sorry for posting so much.

At this point i don't even know if i got herpes, but im quite paranoid that i might have gotten it.

I haven't had any severe symptoms, only minor ones that could be just my head messing with me.

My head just keeps thinking about it, and it's quite frustrating that i will have to wait several more months to get a blood test.

So i was thinking, is there any way i could try to trigger an outbreak to find out if i have got herpes or not myself?

If i got herpes i must be the type that gets only mild symptoms or none, is it possible for me to trigger a sort of outbreak to be sure if i got herpes or not?

And if so, how?

Thanks for your response

Old 12-28-2012, 03:32 AM   #2
(male)

Vince017 HB User
Re: Triggering a herpes outbreak?

How long ago was the incident? From what I've read, incubation time for herpes virus is between 2-16 days with an average of 4 days when symptoms start to appear. After that, you might be asymptomatic. It is more common in genital herpes than oral herpes to be asymptomatic, although still possible for oral herpes.

Outbreaks are triggered by stress and too much sunlight ( i guess getting sunburns), but it is not exclusive to those. Mild symptoms are more common than you think. Unfortunately, you can't self trigger them. You can find out what could trigger them, but I haven't read anyone that have self induced an outbreak.

This is all from what I've read, and I still highly suggest getting a blood test. Remember to tell them that you want a Herpes blood test as a standard STD test does not include a herpes test.

Since your paranoid, I can guess that this didn't happen too long ago. I'm 4 weeks in and I'm going to get a blood test at 6th weeks to get some peace of mind. Then do it at 12th weeks. I'll ask for a doctor's advice for the 16th week.

I suggest to try and calm yourself down, you're going to induce a large amount of distress to your body that may mimic some symptoms of herpes ,but may actually be not. Talk to trusted friends and family, it's a little embarrassing at first, but it will go along way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2012, 05:00 AM   #3
(male)

ThatGuy123 HB User
Re: Triggering a herpes outbreak?

Thanks for the comfort.

I was exposed around mid November, so i guess i could get the first test after New years, and see what it says.

If im infected im the type that get very mild or no symptoms.

What started my paranoia was that the day after exposure, i was feeling quite ill and started looking around the internet and saw that flu like symptoms could be herpes.

After that i got very paranoid, and was feeling some slight itching around the exposed areas, but there was no visual signs that could conclude i got herpes 100%

My mind has been playing tricks with me before, manifesting slight symptoms when nothing was wrong with me. I hope the same is true in this case.

Thanks for your response, i wish you good luck with your test

Closed Thread