It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
(male)

datageek HB User
Questions...

I'm getting married in a few months. The woman I'm marrying has HSV-2. When we got together, she was up front and told me the situation. We haven't been together yet, as we've agreed to wait for marriage. My feelings haven't changed, but as we're getting closer to, I'd like to learn more about the situation. As I'm sure anyone in this group can understand, the information you find online... well, we'll say "varies" to say the least. And I've not been sure what type of doctor I would want to talk to, and it also seems a little expensive to make an appointment just to ask questions. So I'll ask my questions here, and hope that I can get some of the great advice I've seen others offered.

My Fiancee got it from the guy she was with just before we got together, so a lot of this is new to her too. She was saying she was planning to make a doctors appointment to refill her suppressive medication before the honeymoon. She was saying that maybe I would want to wear condoms, at least while we're on the honeymoon. My first question is, how quickly after one becomes infected do symptoms/outbreaks appear? I appreciate her being concerned for my well being, but I've read that when she's on the medication the chances of my catching it are very low, and that many partners have unprotected sex and normal sex lives for years and decades without the uninfected partner catching it. And understandably, I'd like to make love to my wife for the first time... "as nature intended" shall we say.

Obviously we'd have to abstain during an outbreak, but I understand that those typically become less and less frequent as time goes on. Is that correct? What about oral sex? Again, obviously not during an outbreak, but is there anything I should be aware of, regarding giving her oral sex?

Since we're getting married, and both of us plan to make this forever, if we're going to be in a monogamous relationship for the rest of our lives, is there really any reason that I need to worry about catching it or not? As I say, my understanding is that the first outbreak is the worst, and that they get progressively milder and less frequent.

Lastly, is there anything that I can do for her, if she has an outbreak, to make it easier, make her more comfortable, etc.? This is all very new to both of us.

Thank you, in advance for your responses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
(female)

worried in tx HB User
Re: Questions...

I don't have much advice for you, but I wanted to say that you are definitely a "keeper"! Thank you for being so understanding with your fiance. She's definitely a lucky girl!

Last edited by worried in tx; 01-01-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Closed Thread