It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
(female)

Grizabella HB User
Unhappy Genital sores + flu, doc saying herpes?

I have developed three ulcers all next to each other on the inner labia, they are slightly raised and firm and have got a white coating on them, just like ulcers (canker sores) in the mouth apart from being more raised. They are very painful and when I wipe after urinating there is a faint trace of blood where the tissue has touched them.I have mouth ulcers regularly too which is why I can make the comparison.

Just before this I came down hard with full on flu and it started with tremendous aches and pains all over my body. I have a nasty chesty cough and sneeze about 40 times a day. I have also come out in hives on my face and arms and my face/cheeks are swollen. I have a fever. I have all of these things right now.

When I went to see the doctor today she said that I have genital herpes (and flu, and the hives were an allergic reaction to something). I said are you 100% sure on that and she said yes and said I had to go to a clinic and get it tested on. I'm devastated. I have been in a monogamous relationship with the same person for nearly 5 years and we were both virgins before we met, none of us have cold sores or anything. I've also had ongoing issues with vulvodynia and itching and burning urination for a couple of years now, my sexual confidence is already rock bottom because of that and I just can't get my head round this latest blow. I've been crying all day! I'm 22...

I'm going to get it tested but have any of you had anything similar that ISN'T herpes and is there any other explanation for it. I admit I don't trust doctors, having been to see many many doctors over 2 years about my burning urination/vulvodyina and they all say different things and I'm still no better from that. Also I have had countless swabs, blood tests for STDs and even a skin biopsy down there to try and work out the cause of my vulvodynia and herpes has never been picked up before?

I just need some advice...

Last edited by Grizabella; 01-06-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Truthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB User
Re: Genital sores + flu, doc saying herpes?

Get the test and make sure it is the IgG type specific test that looks for both hsv1 and hsv2. Did you ever have a test for herpes before when you were going through the other issues down below?
Herpes can often mimic all of your symptoms so just wondering if a test had ever been done before this current episode.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
(female)

DeeNess HB User
Re: Genital sores + flu, doc saying herpes?

Yup I think u do have herpes...ive had 2 outbreaks and the start of them has been the same...I would get a fever for 2 days and then have a sore throat, followed by muscle aches and my body would just get weak, i would start discharging randomly also...all before the bumps form, its like my warning sign for whats about to come. But make sure u go get tested asap.

Closed Thread