It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #1
(female)

DestroyedFaith HB User
Just so confused...

So my ex and I broke up a few months back. One night we got together and had sex. He recently broke up with some girl. It was a bad decision but it is what it is. Less then a week later he got extremely sick. He had flu like symptoms and this "growth" on his nostril. He went to the we and got diagnosed with a staph infection. A few days after that I had this thing forming on my thigh. Freaked out over his staph infection I run to the er and get diagnosed with a staph infection as well. So I took antibiotics for 8 days and this infection was getting worse and worse. I go to a different er.. They diagnosed me with genital herpes. I instantly lost it. I was hurt, mad, sad, irate.. Any word you can use to describe not happy was me. Of course I instantly texted my ex blaming him. I felt like I knew he was diagnosed wrong as well. I also didn't comprehend how I would have genital herpes while he had it on his nose. In return he blamed me. Its been a mess ever since. (It's only been a 5 days).

I guess I just need help coping. I know it's not the end of the world. I know him and I will probably blame each other forever. I'm just so upset how 30 mins of fun means I'm stuck with this for life. Ugh.

Does anyone have any tips to help learn to cope? Tips on how to heal faster? Something?

I have no health insurance and of course the Valtrex prescription was $230 so I didn't get it

The following user gives a hug of support to DestroyedFaith:
male25cpa (01-11-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
(male)

male25cpa HB User
Re: Just so confused..

I know how you feel, I'm going crazy too. Are you having an Outbreak that you need the medicine? My doc says I don't have genetal herpes but my HSV 2 Igg was 2.9 so he says low positive and that I don't need any medication till I see something. I don't want to pass this to my girlfriend.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
(female)

DestroyedFaith HB User

The doctor at the er did give me prescription for Valtrex 1,000 mg 3x a day for 7 days. The outbreak is huge I think. I have about 2 quarter sized sores 3 nickle sized sores and a bunch of little ones on my upper left thigh right under my butt. Luckily it's not on my privates but it hurts to walk/stretch out the leg. So if I need it I'm not sure but I'm guessing it would help clear it up faster

Old 01-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
(male)

male25cpa HB User

How long after exposure did you get an outbreak? I had it since Jan 1st 2013 with no outbreaks yet :/

Old 01-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
(female)

DestroyedFaith HB User

We had sex December 19th. Around the 24th I had a small bump there. Then it just kept growing and growing. I'm still full of scabs as of right now.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #6
(female)

ravenmew HB User

thats kind of how it got it but my ex boyfriend cheated on me A LOT and said he was just staying with a friend blah blah blah im a trusting person. anyway i know how that feels. some tricks i have learned is telling somone you can trust 100% and being able to just let all your feeling out about it. cry scream do what ever feels right.
try to keep your self clean and do what you can to keep stress levels down they can cause outbreaks it sucks believe me x.x

ive also learned because of my adoring girlfriend. that if someone knows before you start dating it can help you be very open and that person can be amazingly supportive an comforting

i hope this helps -huggles- hang in there dear

Old 01-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #7
(female)

ravenmew HB User

sorry accadently double posted my reply :{

Last edited by ravenmew; 01-12-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: accadental double post

Closed Thread