It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
(male)

davejames11 HB User
What are the odds I got HSV-1 from this encounter? Please help!

Time: 6 months ago

I had a female give me unprotected oral sex.

She had no visible cold sores.

I have no idea what her STD history is.

Symptoms for me: Nothing until 3 weeks ago. I had some burning whenever I urinated. My doctor said I had bacteria in my urine and I got anti-biotics, and I took them for a week, and now I feel a lot better. The past 3-4 days, I have experienced a little clear discharge about once a day. But, I haven't had sex, or masturbated in 3 weeks, which is very uncommon for me. Don't know if this has anything to do with fears.

I am worried about getting HSV-1 Genital. I am just paranoid.

I realize it can be transmitted even with no cold sores. I realize most people with HSV-1 Genital have no symptoms.

With all that said, how would you rate my chances of getting it under the circumstances?

Old 01-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
(male)

Vince017 HB User
Re: What are the odds I got HSV-1 from this encounter? Please help!

I don't want to bomb coz I know the feeling or paranoia, but the risk is high because it was unprotected.
For some real peace of mind or clarity as to what you might have, ask your doctor for an IGG blood test. Since six months have passed, your test results are going to be conclusive on herpes. Also, go to your local health department and see if they do chlamydia, ghonorrea, and syphillis test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread