It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
(female)

sorie7051 HB User
I need help

I was diagnosed with herpes 10 months ago I know who gave it to me but what i need help with is i get an outbreak once or twice a year i have one know its the worst one yet. Its not very big but hurts really really bad ive never had one hurt they have always itched. But this one hurts. It hurts to sit lie down walk move you name it. I have tried baths warm rags heating pad litocane gell ice packs and nothing is helping. Everytime i move it pinches i have not been wearing underware or tight clothes either what can i do i am tempted to go to the er cuz it hurts that bad

Old 01-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: I need help

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorie7051 View Post
I was diagnosed with herpes 10 months ago I know who gave it to me but what i need help with is i get an outbreak once or twice a year i have one know its the worst one yet. Its not very big but hurts really really bad ive never had one hurt they have always itched. But this one hurts. It hurts to sit lie down walk move you name it. I have tried baths warm rags heating pad litocane gell ice packs and nothing is helping. Everytime i move it pinches i have not been wearing underware or tight clothes either what can i do i am tempted to go to the er cuz it hurts that bad
Hi sorie, Im really sorry that you are hurting so much. There are two types of herpes that affect the genitalia ,as i have understood, genital herpes & herpes simplex & if you had one type & were diagnosed already i think that you could be having a first outbreak of the other type possibly because it happened to a friend. However she was given a maintenance medication called valcyclovir when she was first diagnosed, Do yoi have an anti viral medication? Im so sorry that you are in so much pain. If you dont have any pain relievers & otc analgesics are not working if i were you i would go to the dr, call my dr or go to ER so that i could get the proper medication. I truly hope that it gets under control for you. A healthy immune system, healthy diet, having the blisters/sores open to the air, medications are the only things that help herpes as far as i understand.

Last edited by gmak; 01-21-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
(female)

sorie7051 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmak View Post
Hi

Hi sorie, There are two types of herpes that could affect your genitalia, 1& 2 & if you had one type & were diagnosed already i think that you could be having a first outbreak of the other type possibly because it happened to a friend. However she was given a maintenance medication called valcyclovir when she was first diagnosed, Do yoi have an anti viral medication? Im so sorry that you are in so much pain. If you dont have any pain relievers & otc analgesics are not working if i were you i would go to the dr, call my dr or go to ER so that i could get the proper medication. I truly hope that it gets under control for you. A healthy immune system, healthy diet, having the blisters/sores open to the air, medications are the only things that help herpes as far as i understand.
Im not sure which one i have i was pg when i was diagnosed but i have had outbreaks before when i had insurance i was on valtrex and my obgyn told me to stop taking it when i had the baby so i have a few left i started taking when my outbreak started to show i called my pharmacy to see how much it would cost to get it refilled bit since i have no insurance it was gonna cost me 250 bucks and i cant afford that

Old 01-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorie7051 View Post
Im not sure which one i have i was pg when i was diagnosed but i have had outbreaks before when i had insurance i was on valtrex and my obgyn told me to stop taking it when i had the baby so i have a few left i started taking when my outbreak started to show i called my pharmacy to see how much it would cost to get it refilled bit since i have no insurance it was gonna cost me 250 bucks and i cant afford that
Hi sorie, Im so sorry that you are going thru this, sorie. I would call & ask how much acyclovir is, i know it comes in generic & maybe it is more affordable. Can you afford the ER & would you still have to pay out right for your prescriptions?

Old 01-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
(female)

sorie7051 HB User

No i cant afford the er technically and would still have to pay out right for my prescriptions but i will think of something i just hate hurting this bad

Old 01-23-2013, 12:54 AM   #6
(female)

DeeNess HB User

Try Tagamet.. It's an OTC for heartburn.. The generic brand is Cimetidine.... Google it... I recently just got over an outbreak.. for 2 weeks nothing was working (didn't take prescription drugs tho just vitamins) I read about Tagamet on a forum and decided to try it bc it's wayyy cheaper than a prescription. Anyways after 5 days I could see my sores finally healing, it was such a relief. I just finished 10days on it and my sores are just about healed... If it works for u, u should start noticing changes after at least the 3rd day

The Following User Says Thank You to DeeNess For This Useful Post:
gmak (01-23-2013)
Closed Thread