It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 06:08 AM   #1
(male)

Colby87 HB User
Please help opinions needed

Hi, I entered Thailand about 35 days ago and had sex with a local on my second day or so. This was with a condom but she did give me oral without. Literally the next day I noticed a small red mark in my scrotum just before it meets the shaft. I brushed it off as just a friction rash, however it slowly got worse and started spreading. It started becoming itchi with some white heads, however there was never any pain. So it took me 10 days after the initial mark to see a doctor, who told me it was an allergic reaction. She gave me anti histamines and ketolone lotion. After a few days the itching stopped and the white marks disappeared. I went back to the same doctor for a check up and she said it was definitely getting better. After the 5 days of tablets were up, I was still applying the lotion (which stung every time, however only when applied not after) but the rash was still not really healing.

So after a few more days I went to another doctor, who said it was a fungal infection and gave me a cream and anti fungal tablets. This did nothing, it just got worse, itching came back and white dots appeared again. So this time i emailed a photo to my doctor from Australia who said it looks like herpes. Freaking out, I went to another local doctor who reckons its 80% herpes and gave me a prescription of the general herpes tablets and told me to apply Betadine.

So now, 5 days later, the white spots are gone but i am still occasionally itchi. The rash hasn't really disappeared either.

In total it's been about 35 days, is this common for herpes? I won't be home until 2-3 weeks so I won't be able to see a proper doctor until then and at the moment I'm fearing the worst and its putting my holiday on a massive downer. I have never experienced any pain or discomfort other then itching.

The only time the itching stopped was when i was on the antihistamine/ketolone treatment, so maybe It is just an allergic reaction and i needed a longer dose of tablets?

†I've sometimes had cold/flu symptoms but that is very common for me when in Asia, my friends who I'm traveling with have also been sick too.

What do you guys reckon?
Thanks†

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
(male)

Colby87 HB User
Re: Please help opinions needed

Anyone????

Closed Thread