It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
(female)

historygirl90 HB User
Herpetic Whitlow

Hi,
I've just been diagnosed with genital herpes 4 days ago and now I'm pretty sure I've got a herpetic whitlow on my finger. I thought I'd done really well with washing my hands/ using anti-bac gel after applying creams but I pick the skin around my nails quite badly so it's not really surprising. I've covered it with a plaster to prevent it spreading but now I can't stop worrying about having already touched other places, thoughts like 'did I touch my mouth?' 'what about my eyes?' I'm just starting to come to terms with genital herpes and now I'm terrified about getting it in other places! I feel like going through the crying phase all over again! I'm super conscious of every little itch around my mouth.
Also, what about viral shedding? Like once this one is gone, am I still gonna be infectious, like I could pass it on to my parents or my nieces if I touch them?
Just another thing to torture myself about!

Closed Thread