It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
(female)

bittersweet67 HB User
Newly diagnosed with Genital Herpes

Here is my story...

On March 4th I felt like I had the flu. I took some sinus medication and some liquid cold medicine but it wasnít helping. I could not smell anything and I was waking up with a headache everyday for a week. On March 7th I was at work and started itching so badly I rubbed myself with toilet paper until I bled a small amount. When I got home I mentioned to my BF of 3 years that I was itching badly. He said he had been itching since Tuesday which was the last time we had sex but his itching has stopped. I started researching GH online and had EVERY symptom others mentioned EXCEPT the blisters. The pain and emotional exhaustion finally got to me and I went to the minor ER. I was told it was BV and given a one-time dose of Flagyl. It started to clear up my sinuses but nothing else. I returned the following day and demanded a herpes test. She insisted it was not GH and gave me Visteril for the itch and anxiety.(They called me yesterday and said I had strep throat but no herpes results were back yet. now on augmenton) I left and called an OBGYN that fit me in right away. She also advised me that she thought it was severe BV and not GH, however she gave me Valtrex which she said could not hurt me and metronidazole vaginal gel. After 3 pap exams, neither provider saw lesions or blisters. Today is the 19th. I feel ill. I itch, have intense burning and tingling and can feel my vagina swelling but there are no blisters, no red dots, and no bumps! After taking the Valtrex (500 mg 2xís a day) I would get these sensations in my throat and in my legs and around my anus in my chest and throughout my body. It would only last about 30 minutes then it would just end and start again a short time later somewhere else.
My BF and I have had unprotected sex for almost 3 years now. We had 1 escapade with a friend of mine right after we started dating 3 years ago and recently when I called her about my problem below, she told me she has had bumps (like pimples) on her vagina for years but it was infected hairs from shaving (which I have had). Then she told me if she takes Valtrex or puts abreeva on the sores she feels better. My BF worked out of town for a year and I thought at one time that he was cheating on me. When I told him I might have GH he said he would be angry and wonder where it came from since we both tested neg before we got together. My test results came back from the OBGYN today and I am positive for HSV2. I had HSV1 before we got together but I have had only 1 coldsore in 3 years and just 6 months ago I questioned why I havenít had a cold sore with all the colds Iíve had as I normally do. But that was as far as it went. He is going to get tested in a week since he doesnít have insurance we have to pay for this out of pocket. He said heís certain it will come back positive. He says he loves me and he isnít going to leave me and he canít believe my friend didnít tell me about this. He said he never wants to see her face again but he does not blame me. I worried he might have had it and just didnít disclose it. The reason I think this is because he knows a lot about GH and has had a lot of partners. I am in the healthcare industry and had to look up information about it. He knows stress can make them worse so he trys to calm me when I am crying saying ďWe will make it through this. I love you and everything will be fine.Ē
I am in PAIN! I have to work but I donít know HOW I am going to make it through this pain I am on the go 8 hours at my job. I take Epsom salt baths and use cornstarch powder and still there are NO BUMPS! Also, my clitoris is very sensitive.
I am a wreak wondering where I got this. I feel betrayed by my friend of 20 years and my BF of 3 years has me 2nd guessing his love and fidelity.
Anyone else gone over 2 weeks with 1st OB without the appearance of blisters? I am just waiting on these awful sores I have read about to appear. Is it possible that the Valtrex has stopped this process?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
(female)

SMC7791 HB User
Re: Newly diagnosed with Genital Herpes

This is so similar to what I've been experiencing. I was diagnosed a few weeks ago during a yearly test. I had no symptoms so was completely shocked. I had just broken up with my boyfriend and haven't been with anyone else since. Since the diagnosis, I have had severe itching that I feel like is controlling me. It's so uncomfortable and I feel like I can't do anything. I treated it as a yeast infection but it obviously didn't help. I have had a severe cold for the past 5 days and have had hives all over my body but thought it was just a normal cold, but after reading your post I have a feeling it has to do with the recent diagnosis and all the stress. My doctor told me I didn't need to take any medicine but if these symptoms don't subside, I think I should get more information.

Closed Thread