It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
(female)

truebeliever62 HB User
Living with genital herpes...

I am new here but I keep seeing posts by people who are freaking out or becoming devastated to learn they have herpes. In 1983 I was diagnosed with genital herpes. I thought the world was over for me. I felt dirty, disgusted and unlovable. I was 23 then. I have lived a whole lot of life since then, in fact, I'll be 51 tomorrow. I just wanted people to know that herpes is NOT the worst thing that has happened to me. I am, indeed, quit lovable. It is almost a non-issue these days. Is it difficult when starting a relationship to disclose that you have genital herpes? Hell yes, but I also find that the people who genuinely care for me, do not run. They ask questions and are more than willing to learn. I was kind of, ok, definitely promiscuous in my early 20's. Years later it occurred to me that herpes had saved my life. (If you don't mind a history lesson- The HIV-Aids virus was just rearing it's ugly head and even the CDC and government didn't quite know what it was. It was a very scary time.) I'm just wanted any newly infected people to have faith and trust this old lady, life goes on and it is so good!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
(male)

nashvillebiker HB User
Re: Living with genital herpes...

I was in my very early 20's back in the early 70's when I ran into gal here and there and was told I did'nt need to use a condom cause they were either on the pill or diaphram and could not get pregnant...I put my guard down...they did not tell me they were infected(maybe they did not know themselves,plus even with a condom risk is still involved. I have been living with it for a long time. Life goes on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply