It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
(female)

worriedwifeau HB User
Unhappy Not sure

Hi, My partner of 12 years recently had an outbreak of herpes around his anus. I can't work out where he could have got it. I do get oral herpes and i know this can cause it, but i've always been very careful when ive had an outbreak and make sure i don't kiss or have oral sex with my partner. In saying that i've not had a cold sore for about 5 years.
I know that it could have been transmitted to him from me, but what is concerning me is, why has he only had an outbreak now, when we've been together 12 years? This is his first outbreak of this, he has always claimed that he's never had cold sores, but when he was given this diagnosis he now says he could have had one as a child and not remembered. I just need some clarification in my own mind that hopefully he hasn't done anything untoward to get this case of herpes, i'm a nurse so i have a fair understanding of HSV 1 and 2 and how they are both transmitted. I have tired asking my partner about this but he keeps changing the subject or brushing it off. I'm worried that he could have been exposed to some other viruses if this was contracted from someone else. I'm not happy with how his Dr diagnosed it either, no culture swab, bo blood test, just took a look at it and gave the diagnosis and some pills. Should i make him go and get tested for all sti's??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread