It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2013, 02:42 AM   #1
(female)

Belle01 HB User
Unhappy Confused and stressed :(

Hello everyone,

I got diagnosed with hsv1 in my genital area in January this year. I had a partner who had cold sores once on his mouth and it never appeared again. I knew that he had hsv1 on the mouth so did research accordingly. I thought that if we avoided oral sex at all times my only chance of getting would be my mouth areas only due to the whole viral shedding thing. I had quite a bad outbreak even though it was only 2 blisters in my genital area, my fever was really bad and had to get hospitalised for a week. So after testing they found out that I contracted hsv-1 in my genital area through sexual intercourse. Apparently this is really rare to be seen and I'm still upset about it as I thought that you would only get it through the areas which are infected only. Just wanted to warn people as even though the chances are rare it does happen.

After this I started doing intense research on how I could protect myself for next time but i'm very confused. According to my research, there is no blood test or urine test that can accurately determine if someone has std's/sti's as the health professionals need to do a physical examination to make a conclusion. The problem is some of those things can be hidden and might not come to the skin surface that often as it's a changing skin condition according to the type of infection/disease. So I'm very turned off from sex as I feel like it's a massive gamble. In the sense the person might have something and the only way to find out to find it is if you have sex with them as that's when the actual symptoms surface.. I had a very bad experience with the hsv-1..I really don't want to throw my health away just for sex. I've only had one sexual partner in my life and I want to make sensible choices but am very confused with all this research I have done. I am terrified to even touch someone at the moment due to all this viral shedding and other diseases that are going on. I'm scared because even if you get tested and it's all negative, there is still a chance that person might have something and can pass it on to you.

How can I protect myself better so I don't get so paranoid and stressed? Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks lots

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread