It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
(female)

My#1Baby HB User
Kind of Odd ?

In 2005 I had symptoms of Herpes. Swollen lymph nodes in my groin area, I believe at least two lesions, couldn't pee it hurt so bad!! Went and had a culture swab, doc said it looked like Herpes, the swab came back negative, BUT those cultures do not work well once the lesions have started healing anyway. So I went on my way believing I had herpes. What else could it be?! Told my next partner, We were together for 7 years, had a son, I never had an outbreak and as far as I know my son's father never did either. Fast forward to last October. My son's dad and I have been separated for about a year. I met a guy that I was into, had known him for a while. After a night of drunken escapades we slept together. Unprotected. I know, I know.. duh! Bad move! About 2 days later I began to become achey, like I was beginning to get sick. Then noticed that my woman areas were kind of swollen. Then noticed a few lesions, began having lots of watery discharge. Went to the doc as soon as I could get in.. She said Herpes. Did a culture. Negative again.. Those cultures are only reliable as soon as symptoms start. I should have had a blood test right then.. I didn't.. I figured it is what it is. Fast forward again to this past week. I finally got a blood test. -1, +2. So I am positive for type 2. What I am confused about is this. I had obvious lesions in 2005, then 0 outbreaks for 7 years. Sleep with this guy then BAM all kinds of symptoms. Is it possible to go for 7 years with no outbreak and then have a horrible one? What if I didn't have it before? Could that remotely be possible? I mean, I had swollen lymph nodes and lesions... wth. Thanks all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Re: Kind of Odd ?

Hi, the obvious question is did your last partner give you the herpes outbreak? I got herpes 2 in 1987, had two outbreaks six months apart but have not had an outbreak since. To my knowledge my body must have developed antibodies for it hence no return of the virus. The question is......Did you get the outbreak from him or was your herpes somehow awakened by having sex. When it comes to herpes there really are no set rules on immunity and outbreaks as viruses can move in mysterious ways.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
(female)

Naturesweetie HB User
Re: Kind of Odd ?

You can go years without having an outbreak, everyone is different. I haven't had one in months. They say the first outbreak is the worst, but my partner who got it from me last year, recently had his worst one very recently. When you have a new partner, it's very likely to have an outbreak right after because of friction etc. It's really irresponsible to have unprotected sex and not tell your partners you have herpes. Also, if you ever do get pregnant again, you need to be really careful and let your doctor know, as it can spread to your baby during childbirth. You can prevent outbreaks by taking an antiviral or vitamins and supplements like l-lysine. You obviously had an outbreak from the new sex and should let the other person know.

Reply Reply