It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2013, 04:10 AM   #1
(female)

confused789 HB User
Thumbs down Helpppppp!!!!!!

Hey everyone im new here.. found the website a few weeks ago but ive been to scared to post!
I got diganosed about 6 weeks ago though i havent been sexual active for a long time so this has come from my ex who cheated on me numerous times! I was feeling pretty stressed and all of a sudden wooosh huge outbreak though imust of had it for over a year!
Im only 20 and just feel lost and im pretty unsure how to deal with it!
ive done some research and was going to take the hydrogen peroxide internally but after a day i felt so ill i stopped taking it.
just wondering if anyone has advice on supressing the treatment?
ive got tea tree oil for once a break out starts and
lysine and vit d supplements and also some neem ( however these capsules have gelatin in them so will this be counter productive?)
also im allergic to wheat only found this out end of feb time so ive been having oats near enough everyday for breakfast if the rest of my diet is good will this have a major effect due to the arginie (sorry about the spelling :P )
i only found out about lysine and arginie a couple of days ago so have been eating how i usually would of since being digasnosed and ive only had the one huge outbreak so far!
sorry for running on just need help i cant tell my family or friends about this!

Old 04-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
(female)

Naturesweetie HB User
Re: Helpppppp!!!!!!

First of all, having a healthy lifestyle and diet that suits you will greatly reduce stress and therefore outbreaks. If you are allergic or sensitive to wheat, you shouldn't be eating oats either as they usually have gluten in them. I'm completely gluten free. Look into eating paleo or just eating A LOT of fruits/veggies/protein.

Taking vitamins and supplements is a great idea, the l-lysine as well as vit c and b vitamins (especially b12 cause it's just awesome and if you're allergic to wheat it may have damaged your digestive system and leads to vitamin deficiencies such as b12, folate, and vitamin d, so taking good vitamins is a must)

There are antivirals you can take during outbreaks if they are uncomfortable or painful. I found for myself the first 2 years was the absolute worst, and after a while you either stop having them or they become less frequent. If you have questions, talk to a doctor or health nurse. Some cities have open clinics for patients with std's etc to come in for testing and to ask questions.

I use an antiviral topical cream which has worked well to minimize discomfort. I don't like to take medications, I'd rather prevent than treat. Don't worry too much because that can make it worse, and living with herpes is really not as big a deal as people make it out to be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2013, 01:27 AM   #3
(female)

confused789 HB User

Ah okay yea I can still have oats and barley as mine is just wheat but after reading they are bad for herpes I'm going to stay well away! Thanks for the info on b12! Going to look into that and paleo! Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Old 04-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
(female)

Naturesweetie HB User

The problem with oats is cross contamination. There are few brands that are certified gluten free. The protein in wheat is what causes the reaction, the gluten...and it's found in other grains like oats and barley, which is why a lot of people just choose to be completely grain free.

Reply Reply