It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
(female)

november2012 HB User
no luck dating with herpes

I have HSV-1 genitally and found out while in a long-term relationship. That relationship is over and now I find myself having trouble dating. Actually I can find dates no problem, it's moving to the next step that's hard. Once I've dated a guy and it comes to the point we want to have sex, I have 'the talk' with him. Most guys either tell me they can't deal with it or I just never hear from them again. I feel so lonely and rejected. I feel that I will never find someone who wants to be with me despite my disease. What am I doing wrong? I've tried an std dating site but didn't even meet anyone from it.

The following user gives a hug of support to november2012:
CrazySeal (08-04-2013)
Old 07-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
(female)

tjhopeful HB User
Re: no luck dating with herpes

I feel your pain and am not sure of any advice I can offer. I focus on myself and making my life happy and remain hopeful for the future.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #3
(male)

Gatori HB User

It's the stigma that surrounds it. HSV-1 is very common, most people who are positive don't even know they have it. Keep looking, you'll find someone eventually.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
(female)

fnpstilljanet HB User

Yes, the stigma is ridiculous and not truly called for.
Empower yourself by educating yourself on herpes, especially care, treatment, prevention of outbreaks; and explain to your potential partners that there are ways to prevent their getting herpes.
There are groups online with the sole purpose of elevating people's awareness and behavior around the prevalence of STIs that also promote seminars at colleges campuses and other places where young people gather. There are so many people that have sexually transmitted infections and do not even know it; there are also loads of people so affected by the associated stigma that they do not get care and do nothing to prevent spreading the infections; and there are people whose attitude is that sex is a risk and everyone gets whatever they deserve. The purpose of the groups promoting education and self-empowerment is to help all of us learn where our fears and misunderstanding are causing the problem and to begin to end the problem by addressing it openly.
I might add that if you became involved in the education campaigns, you would likely meet some very intelligent and hip potential partners....certainly a lot of great people that would make really good friends.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
(female)

Prettyinpink86 HB UserPrettyinpink86 HB UserPrettyinpink86 HB User

Hi, are you sure you are telling them all the facts?

Some random ppl off the net minded (they can't see my identity) my guy friend just said you can still have sex. My ex boyfriend forgot about it and just told me he loved me for me. This new guy I speak to is just so into me he isn't bothered. It could be you aren't leaving it long enough for them to develop an attachment to you. Good Luck xx

Old 08-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

there are dating sites specifically for people with Herpes, I suggest trying that route, that way there are no surprises....

Reply Reply